cc-601/101 errors with wells Fargo

Answers

• sdavis7042
    sdavis7042 Member ✭✭
    chatted with customer support about this again, still no ETA for resolution. Aargh.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know - I wish they'd update more often. This is so painful.
  • ccscrape.101 any updates on restore?, last was on 6/29 and has been not working much longer..
  • kllarson
    kllarson Member ✭✭
    When will the Wells Fargo CC-601 issues be resolved?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review: UPDATED 6/29/21 Wells Fargo Returns CC-601/501 or "ccscrape.101" Error
  • pa_frazier
    pa_frazier Member ✭✭
    Same question, any update or idea of when there might be a resolution?
  • olgapayne
    olgapayne Member ✭✭
    July 6 and still no update. Is it working for anybody?
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Not working for me yet. :neutral:
  • Moreta
    Moreta Member
    edited July 2021
    [removed - no soliciting]  Really frustrated with the continuation of errors for Wells Fargo accounts.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Just ran an update using direct connect and it is still working ok for me. 
  • TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    I decided to go ahead and use Direct Connect, at least until the Express Connect problem is resolved. I initially had had difficulty connecting via that method, so I called Wells Fargo. They had me go to wellsfargo.com/fmssetup to authorize the connection. This time, though, they had me close and reopen Quicken before setting up the download. This time it worked and I now show the correct balances in Quicken. I'm not happy about the $3 fee that goes with it, but they told me I just need to call and cancel Direct Connect if I want to switch back to the Express Connect method. Not an ideal solution, but at least it works.
  • sdavis7042
    sdavis7042 Member ✭✭
    @TomG1 Can you give me a brief walk-through of how to unconnect from Express Connect and set up Direct Connect?
  • TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    > @sdavis7042 said:
    > @TomG1 Can you give me a brief walk-through of how to unconnect from Express Connect and set up Direct Connect?

I'm only familiar with the Windows version, but here is what I did:

To unconnect from Express Connect:
    -Go to a Wells Fargo Account and click on the settings gear.
    -Select "Edit Account Details"
    -Click on the "Online Services Tab"
    -Click the "Deactivate" button. It may take a few minutes for it completely to disconnect. Once it's done, click OK, then do the same for each Wells Fargo Account. It's important to make sure all are deactivated.

To set up Direct Connect:
    -Go to wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and log in as you normally do on Wells Fargo's site.
    -When you sign in, it will offer to send you a verification code. Once you receive the code and enter it, it will automatically log you out.
    -If you haven't already done so, close Quicken and re-launch it (this was the thing that made the difference for me).
    -Go to one of your Wells Fargo accounts. In the lower left corner, below the resister, you'll see "Download Transactions". When you click on that (if it isn't already showing), you'll see something like "setup" or "check availability". When you click on that, it will ask you which method to use.
    -Select Direct Connect and follow the prompts. Once I entered my Wells Fargo username and password, it found my accounts pretty quickly.
    -You will probably be prompted to link them to your accounts in Quicken.
    _After that, everything should download normally. One annoyance, however, was that it treated the downloaded accounts as "new", so I had to go through and match each one manually. I'm hoping this was only for the first connection. We'll see tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • sdavis7042
    sdavis7042 Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much!!!
  • pa_frazier
    pa_frazier Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo now downloading to Quicken Mac as of this morning; no more "ccscrape.101" error message. Thank you to all who worked to get this resolved!
  • Moreta
    Moreta Member
    someone on the quicken team is obviously monitoring this forum as they keep editing or deleting my comments, so why can they not update us on the situation or spend the time and effort fixing the issue.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    @TomG1 - thanks! This is interesting! I thought you had to pay for Direct Connect (like I do with US Bank) but this seems to have worked for me in the interim!! Quicken should be paying you for better support than they're providing :-)

BTW - I had no issues with reconciling - everything downloaded and lined up!
  • TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Hokieinidaho said:
    > @TomG1 - thanks! This is interesting! I thought you had to pay for Direct Connect (like I do with US Bank) but this seems to have worked for me in the interim!! Quicken should be paying you for better support than they're providing :-)
    >
    > BTW - I had no issues with reconciling - everything downloaded and lined up!

Wells Fargo does have a $3 monthly fee. I verified this when I talked to them. I chose this as an option until the express connect issue is fixed.
  • Just had an update and went through with no errors.
  • One4
    One4 Member ✭✭
    I just did an update also, and no errors. Just one major, major glitch! My opening balance was changed for my main checking account in Quicken from $2998.47 to $5023.50! It took me over 30 minutes to figure out why my online balance was $2025.03 lower than my balance in Quicken. I went back two years of online statements and each and every one was $2025.03 lower than my Quicken balance for the statement date. Finally, I restored my last backup (from this morning) and that's when I found Quicken had changed my opening balance. Heads up folks! No errors reported, but your balances may be off, way off.
  • One4
    One4 Member ✭✭
    Also, I have two-factor authentication activated for my Wells Fargo accounts. Quicken is no longer doing two-factor with Wells Fargo? I'm not getting prompted any more.
  • sdavis7042
    sdavis7042 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue as above with the beginning balances being off. So frustrating.
  • One4
    One4 Member ✭✭
    two-factor authentication is back working today
  • Carl Richmond
    Carl Richmond Mac Beta Beta
    I'm still getting ccscrape.101 errors trying to download transactions from Wells Fargo.  Anybody else?
  • One4
    One4 Member ✭✭
    It's BACK!
  • dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Have not been abele to connect to Wells Fargo. Using Q for Windows via Parallels, newest version. In order to down load transactions I have to go to account list, select the account and reset the account so activity with download. Why is this so difficult? I am ready to go back to pencil and paper.
  • swinaustin
    swinaustin Member
    It's happening again as of July 20, 2021
  • swinaustin
    swinaustin Member
    Twice this morning (July 21, 2021) I received the CC-601 error when attempting to download Wells Fargo transactions. This is after I installed the latest update. How long will it take it to get fixed this time?
  • this is happening again - any eta to restore ?
  • Travelbug
    Travelbug Member
    I was receiving downloads from Wells Fargo for two week and now I am receiving the CC-601 error. There is nothing wrong with my accounts at Wells Fargo this is a Quicken problem. Its been going on way to long. Is Quicken still working on this problem or do I need to find another accounting program?
This discussion has been closed.