Editing Financial institution that was acquired - so can download again

I have a financial institution that was taken over and I need to update so that I can resume . Though it was taken over the bank account is still the same so my savings and checking I cannot download transactions because I'm still point to the defunct web sit associated with the back that was taken over?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    What are the old and new names of the banks involved -
    Do you use Quicken One Step Update to download your transactions -
    or do you manually download from the bank website

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NateaJenkins
    NateaJenkins Member
    The Old is Guaranty Bank SFB, the new is First Citizens Bank, regarding down loading I have not been able to download since the takeover and would like to resume as I've been manually entering transaction. So I'd like to know how to change the bank and then explore my options for downloading transactions.
  • NateaJenkins
    NateaJenkins Member
    Correction the old should have been Guaranty Bank FSB.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @NateaJenkins,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To make the financial institution switch in Quicken, please deactivate all accounts and remove the old financial institution information for each account, then reactivate the accounts by connecting to the new financial institution name. Please, follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. Edit each account with the old financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) in the Online Services tab
    3. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    4. When finished, close the Account List
    5. Close, then re-open Quicken
    6. Navigate to Tools > Add Account...
    7. Search and select the new financial institution name (First Citizens Bank, Direct Conn) and follow the prompts to connect
    8. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    also - be specific as to the new bank name for #7 - ADD ACCOUNT
    - as there are about a dozen - First Citizens -
    and #8 - make sure you LINK the accounts, else you will create new ones...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10