Online Services setup between Quicken and First Interstate Bank - fails

cdnewton
cdnewton Member
I am unable to set up Online Services for First Interstate Bank (FIB)

In Account List, I click the Edit button for my FIB account, click the Online Services tab. In the Online Setup window there is a "Set up Now ..." button. Click that and a connection of some kind occurs. After entering my bank credentials, followed by a request for a special code (received via SMS to my phone and entered), an uncoded error is returned "Sorry. We encountered an error (It's not your fault.)" I am then give an option to "Try Again Now" or "I'll enter my transactions manually." I have received this error for over 10 days now with the same results.

Quicken Deluxe for Windows. V R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24. Subscription expires March 2022. This on a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit (duh) desktop with all the latest Windows and Quicken updates.

Connect log shows (I edited the last part of the account number on last line).
==== OSU Start (20210715/21:24:55) ====
20210715 21:24:56: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
20210715 21:24:56: Initiate Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]
20210715 21:24:56: Translating Error Codes [Authenticating with server]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
20210715 21:24:56: CC Request Complete ---- [Authenticating with server]: Status/Error Code : 0
20210715 21:24:56: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
20210715 21:24:56: Initiate Complete ---- [Getting financial institution information]
20210715 21:24:57: Translating Error Codes [Getting financial institution information]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
20210715 21:24:57: CC Request Complete ---- [Getting financial institution information]: Status/Error Code : 0
20210715 21:24:57: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
20210715 21:24:57: Initiate Complete ---- [CCLogoutRequest]
20210715 21:24:57: Translating Error Codes [CCLogoutRequest]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
20210715 21:24:57: CC Request Complete ---- [CCLogoutRequest]: Status/Error Code : 0
20210715 21:24:57: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Getting account status for First Interstate Checking - XXXXXX]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0

==== OSU End (20210715/21:24:58) ====

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cdnewton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, instead of trying to connect via Set Up Now, could you please try connecting through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

To do so, please navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. If the connection goes through successfully, please be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cdnewton
    cdnewton Member
    The Quicken version was listed in the original comment: Quicken Deluxe for Windows. V R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24.

While attempting to do "Add Account" I had very similar results. Select the bank, enter credentials, security SMS text sent to me and respond, code entered, another connection attempt, and then an error is returned "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

There are options on that window to try again, visit the website and download transactions myself, or enter them manually.

This sure appears to be a problem between Quicken and First Interstate Bank.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for trying that and for providing additional information.

May I ask; what is the connection type of the account in question (i.e.: checking, savings, etc)? Also, First Interstate Bank option are you choosing to connect with from our bank list (see below)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cdnewton
    cdnewton Member
    Thank you Anja,

Personal Checking account.
    I am choosing First Interstate Bank I-Bank for the connection.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hello @cdnewton

Thank you for your response. Based on the information provided, I was able to recreate the issue on my end. Please contact Quicken Support by following this link. In addition, a Quicken agent may have you submit recent log files for escalation. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • cdnewton
    cdnewton Member
    Thanks for the help. I will follow the link.
This discussion has been closed.