Can I delete my Quicken program and reinstall it without losing data?

I have bugs in the category and tag processes and the the first Validate and Repair made things worse. I reloaded a backup version and Validated. It says a problem with the category list or file was repaired - but it isn't.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Validate and Repair does not detect or correct all forms of Quicken file corruption.  If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt to locate a good Quicken file backup.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To answer your original question, the data is in the data file, so as long as you have a copy or backup of it, your data is safe and you can un-install and re-install the program without fear of losing your data.  The un-install does NOT delete the data file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Validate and Repair does not detect or correct all forms of Quicken file corruption.  If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt to locate a good Quicken file backup.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To answer your original question, the data is in the data file, so as long as you have a copy or backup of it, your data is safe and you can un-install and re-install the program without fear of losing your data.  The un-install does NOT delete the data file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• burtonvoss3345
    burtonvoss3345 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Splasher. That indeed answers my question.