Start date

laurahutt
laurahutt Member
My start date should be 1/1/2021 but it starts at 4/19/21. Can I change it to start at the beginning of the year?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused... you start date should be 1/1/21 for what?

Are you talking about downloading transactions in a bank account? That's not something Quicken controls; it's up to the financial institution. Most banks download the past 90 days of transactions -- and 4/19 is 90 days ago.

In addition, some banks offer a way to download a Quicken-specific file (a QFX file) with older data, which can then be imported into Quicken. You'd have to see if your bank offers QFX downloads.

If that's not what you're talking about, then please provide more information about what start date you're referring to.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You should be able to login into the Bank's website .... and see if they offer a Quicken download from there AND if they let you select the timeframe of such download.
    That's probably more reliable than asking bank staff ... who might (or might not) have any idea as to what you're talking about.
    Such download will be, by definition, QFX

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    NotACPA said:

As long as it says QFX or Quicken, it will be good. (A few financial institutions may say OFX, not QFX, but are nonetheless registered with Quicken and their files will work; the Apple Card is an example of this.) But be aware that other formats for downloads which some banks may offer, including CSV or QIF, will not work.

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    I'm confused... you start date should be 1/1/21 for what?

Are you talking about downloading transactions in a bank account? That's not something Quicken controls; it's up to the financial institution. Most banks download the past 90 days of transactions -- and 4/19 is 90 days ago.

In addition, some banks offer a way to download a Quicken-specific file (a QFX file) with older data, which can then be imported into Quicken. You'd have to see if your bank offers QFX downloads.

If that's not what you're talking about, then please provide more information about what start date you're referring to.
  • laurahutt
    laurahutt Member
    Thank you for answering and I'll check with my bank to see if they offer the QFX download. I wanted to start with the first of the year and it doesn't. I don't want to have to manually input the information!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You should be able to login into the Bank's website .... and see if they offer a Quicken download from there AND if they let you select the timeframe of such download.
    That's probably more reliable than asking bank staff ... who might (or might not) have any idea as to what you're talking about.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    NotACPA said:

As long as it says QFX or Quicken, it will be good. (A few financial institutions may say OFX, not QFX, but are nonetheless registered with Quicken and their files will work; the Apple Card is an example of this.) But be aware that other formats for downloads which some banks may offer, including CSV or QIF, will not work.
  • laurahutt
    laurahutt Member
    I'll check it out, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.