online note column actully adding info into memo

is anyone else seeing a issue with the you entering info into what supposed to be a NOTE field but actually it is the memo field

as I see it a note is detail info per individual transaction, a memo is memorized per payee

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rebelbah

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you tell me what version of Quicken you are using? It is not uncommon to have the Notes and Memos in the same column since they are very similar. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

-Quicken Paloma
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rebelbah said:
    is anyone else seeing a issue with the you entering info into what supposed to be a NOTE field but actually it is the memo field

as I see it a note is detail info per individual transaction, a memo is memorized per payee
    I'm not sure I would call it an "issue" at least not in the way that is is "going to the wrong place".

Your screenshot is for Quicken Web.  If you look at the columns available on Quicken Web you will see that there isn't a memo column.

So what Quicken Windows Desktop is calling "memo" Quicken Web is calling it "Notes".  It isn't the information is going into the wrong column it is that the two different GUIs (Desktop vs Web) have inconsistent labeling of the column.

The Windows Desktop "Notes" isn't synced (or at least displayed) on Quicken Web.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rebelbah
    rebelbah Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @rebelbah
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you tell me what version of Quicken you are using? It is not uncommon to have the Notes and Memos in the same column since they are very similar. A visual example is below. 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

The desktop version is R34.24 Build 27.1.34.24
    the image in my post is from the web browser.
    the issue is the label is the top/main label has it listed as "notes" but it is placing the information in the memo section. as it is working out for me is, the memo info is being memorized per payee, and the note info is per individual transaction, on the desktop version, when I use the web version or mobile version, the "notes" info is being placed in the "memo" field
  • rebelbah
    rebelbah Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I'm not sure I would call it an "issue" at least not in the way that is is "going to the wrong place".
    >
    > Your screenshot is for Quicken Web.  If you look at the columns available on Quicken Web you will see that there isn't a memo column.
    >
    > So what Quicken Windows Desktop is calling "memo" Quicken Web is calling it "Notes".  It isn't the information is going into the wrong column it is that the two different GUIs (Desktop vs Web) have inconsistent labeling of the column.
    >
    > The Windows Desktop "Notes" isn't synced (or at least displayed) on Quicken Web.

quicken desktop has both "notes" & "memo" fields available the web and mobile versions its labeled "notes" but when synced back to the desktop version it is in the "memo" field
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rebelbah said:
    quicken desktop has both "notes" & "memo" fields available the web and mobile versions its labeled "notes" but when synced back to the desktop version it is in the "memo" field
    The Desktop fields aren't both being synced, only the memo field.
    Desktop:

Web:

Web columns that can be selected:

Notes here should really be called Memo.  Maybe on Quicken Mac it is called Notes and that is why they called it that or maybe it is just inconsistent because the people developing the Web interface didn't look close enough at what the Desktop programs call the field.  That should be fixed.

But in no case can you see the Desktop Notes field on Quicken Web/Mobile at this time.
    Signature:
  • rebelbah
    rebelbah Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > The Desktop fields aren't both being synced, only the memo field.
    > Desktop:
    >
    >
    > Web:
    >
    >
    > Web columns that can be selected:
    >
    >
    >
    > Notes here should really be called Memo.  Maybe on Quicken Mac it is called Notes and that is why they called it that or maybe it is just inconsistent because the people developing the Web interface didn't look close enough at what the Desktop programs call the field.  That should be fixed.
    >
    > But in no case can you see the Desktop Notes field on Quicken Web/Mobile at this time.

it should be labeled correctly as Momo
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rebelbah said:

it should be labeled correctly as Memo
    Yes, I totally agree.
    Signature:
  • rebelbah
    rebelbah Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @rebelbah
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you tell me what version of Quicken you are using? It is not uncommon to have the Notes and Memos in the same column since they are very similar. A visual example is below. 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I dont know what version of Quicken you are using here but mine is showing separately select-able on the desktop version
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rebelbah said:
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @rebelbah
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I dont know what version of Quicken you are using here but mine is showing separately select-able on the desktop version
    That is Quicken Mac Desktop.  And now that I see it has "Memo/Notes" I can see why there might be some confusion by the Quicken Web developers of what to call that column/field.

Just another case of not lining up Mac, Windows, Mobile, Web nomenclature.
    Signature: