Why cant i change paying account in Bills

When selecting a bill to pay the program enters the account to use and will not allow change.  It selects the incorrect account

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @johnodrake

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with paying your bills. I'm wondering here if it's a bill reminder or if you're trying to pay the bill using Quicken bill manager?  Is this consistent will all bills or is it a specific one as well? Is the account greyed out or does it not have any other options available as well? 

Depending what we're able to find out we'll see what we can do to resolve the issue. Please let us know more once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I actually use both.  In reminder, the setup allows me to pick an *Account to use from the dropdown in the payment information section.  All is good.  However in Bills and Income, the same payee shows in Payment Information *Account to use with a similar dropdown.  A single account is shown and the dropdown does not show other accounts (I have no idea why the account showing as the payment account was selected, I certainly did not select that account as I don't use that account to pay regular bills)  Moreover, the system will not allow me to change or delete this account in the dropdown, rendering the pay function of bills and income useless for most functions.  This bug is consistent with all payment attempts for all bills where the action = Pay and the account to use is always the same account.  It works as expected in the instances where the action = Enter.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Bills & Income (or better in the combined Bills, Income & Transfers view) when you click the Settings gear icon and select Payment Accounts you get a list of available bank accounts. Is the desired checking account correctly shown as "Enabled for Bill Pay / Check Pay"? Or did this get messed up and you need to re-enable your desired checking account?
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    In Bills and Income selecting the settings icon does not present a select payment account
    Where to you enable an account for bill pay.  I could not find it.. It should show in details online services but it does not - only the one account that shows in the Pay selection
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• The phone number can be found at the support website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.