Moving Quicken 2000 to Imac24

Olivier
Olivier Member
:) Hello everyone.
I'm using Quicken 2000 for years on Windows (actual Windows 10) in french version using euro currency.
I would like to move my Quicken Software and all saved data onto my new Imac24.
Is this technically possible or do I need to buy a new version ? I still have my registered key for Quicken 2000 but this one looks no more accepted on the Quicken website.
Thanks a lot and have a good day !
Olivier

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021
    Hello @Olivier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, you would need to upgrade to a new subscription-based version as Windows and Mac data files and programs are different and not compatible to run on both platforms. Additionally, Quicken programs from 2017 and earlier are no longer supported and have been discontinued. Therefore, you would not be able to purchase a non-current version to install on either platform.

For more information and further details about our discontinuation policy, please take a moment to review this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, one thing you should do in Windows.....

If you need to convert to a newer version you need to go through one or more intermediate versions.  If you don't want to download or import transactions you can stick with Quicken 2013.  I'm using 2013.  It's the last good version before they started requiring an ID.

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.  2013 is the last good version before they started requiring an ID.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

And FYI - If your Quicken was before 2010 you should have several files making up the data.  The main data file ends in .QDF.  All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like  - .QDF .IDX, .QEL, .QPH  and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF starting in 2010. 

Then convert a Windows Quicken File to Mac

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac-0

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.