cc-601/101 errors with wells Fargo

124»

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alert has been updated this morning stating the this issue is resolved:  RESOLVED 7/23/21: Error CC-601 or ccscrape.101 with Wells Fargo.
    A couple of people above have confirmed that their connection is working, again.
    I also confirm it but with one of my WF accounts I needed to deactivate/reactivate it.  The other WF account updated normally with any additional steps being required.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• trvkell
    trvkell Member ✭✭
    I did this and it fixed my problem, it's finally working again. Thank you TomG1

> @TomG1 Can you give me a brief walk-through of how to unconnect from Express Connect and set up Direct Connect?

I'm only familiar with the Windows version, but here is what I did:

To unconnect from Express Connect:
    -Go to a Wells Fargo Account and click on the settings gear.
    -Select "Edit Account Details"
    -Click on the "Online Services Tab"
    -Click the "Deactivate" button. It may take a few minutes for it completely to disconnect. Once it's done, click OK, then do the same for each Wells Fargo Account. It's important to make sure all are deactivated.
    -Then reactivate through Wells Fargo and enter your credentials and you will have your connection back.
    -Issue I see left: after login to Quicken and complete the auto update you have to go to the taskbar click accounts, then select your account and it will populate all your prior completed work.

I had to go to https://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup, once logged in you are given 10 minutes to complete the above task through Quicken.
  • trvkell
    trvkell Member ✭✭
    I believe Quicken needs to give us money back off our subscription for this failure
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    TomG1 said:
    I decided to go ahead and use Direct Connect, at least until the Express Connect problem is resolved. I initially had had difficulty connecting via that method, so I called Wells Fargo. They had me go to wellsfargo.com/fmssetup to authorize the connection. This time, though, they had me close and reopen Quicken before setting up the download. This time it worked and I now show the correct balances in Quicken. I'm not happy about the $3 fee that goes with it, but they told me I just need to call and cancel Direct Connect if I want to switch back to the Express Connect method. Not an ideal solution, but at least it works.
    You might want to go back to WF and question that $3 monthly fee for your DC connection.  I just did a search and came across this WF webpage that says they no longer charge a monthly fee for DC.  That is a big improvement for me and I just set up DC for my WF accounts (I did it online...did not talk with anyone).

• TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > You might want to go back to WF and question that $3 monthly fee for your DC connection.  I just did a search and came across this WF webpage that says they no longer charge a monthly fee for DC.  That is a big improvement for me and I just set up DC for my WF accounts (I did it online...did not talk with anyone).
    That's interesting. I will have to check it out. Thank you!
  • TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > You might want to go back to WF and question that $3 monthly fee for your DC connection.  I just did a search and came across this WF webpage that says they no longer charge a monthly fee for DC.  That is a big improvement for me and I just set up DC for my WF accounts (I did it online...did not talk with anyone).

It's strange that an email confirming my enrollment in Direct Connect says that a fee will be billed to my account. But then the link takes me to the same page as in your screen shot, which says they no longer charge that fee. I guess WF doesn't want to make things easy.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    TomG1 said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:

It's strange that an email confirming my enrollment in Direct Connect says that a fee will be billed to my account. But then the link takes me to the same page as in your screen shot, which says they no longer charge that fee. I guess WF doesn't want to make things easy.
    I got the same email yesterday, the day after I'd set up DC for my WF accounts.  At first it made me nervous (I'm a cheap SOB who hates to pay for anything when there is a free option) but I relaxed considerably when I saw the link took me to the same webpage that I'd posted above.   I agree that it appears they have not yet updated what the confirmation email says.  I'm looking forward to seeing the next bank statement which will either confirm it is now free or will tell me to get my "fightin'" gear on.         :D

• QnkFox
    QnkFox Member
    Does not work for 2 accounts. But works for 2 other accounts. Same login. Error CC-501 when updating. Broke for 3 months now.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    QnkFox said:
    Does not work for 2 accounts. But works for 2 other accounts. Same login. Error CC-501 when updating. Broke for 3 months now.
    CC-501 error code is a different issue from CC-601.  If you have not already done so, you might want to read the following Support article regarding it:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
    Since this issue has been going on for a long time, you should contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    Just a note here for anyone interested in the Free Direct Connect from Wells Fargo...

- it's true, there is no fee now.
    - you do get an email suggesting to look at the fee page when you've set up Direct Connect....
    - but I called and verified, no fee, and it's just thIf you need help call Wells Fargo Online Services @ 1-800-956-4442 follow the prompts to get the correct agent. Good luck, this should fix your issuesat they haven't caught up all their automated messages (and some web pages) to be clear and accurate on this. The fee page does say they no longer charge, and that's here: https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees

Quicken Support by telephone (free) is very good at things like walking you through disconnecting Express Web Connect and enabling Direct Connect.

One thing that can happen is that you would need to open a ten-minute 'window' for signing into the Directt Connect account/s at WF. Read the fine print carefully if Quicken says it failed but it's not your fault -- there's a link in that fine print that you go to, as actually the 'not your fault' is not correct. Once you complete the SMS verification to get your open period, go back to the Quicken alert screen and use the 'Start over again' option there.

If you have any trouble with this, then as @skymaster says in another topic for changing to Direct Connect, 'If you need help call Wells Fargo Online Services @ 1-800-956-4442 follow the prompts to get the correct agent. Good luck, this should fix your issues'

In the end, it's looking quite smooth. Faster than web connect, less funny business, some promise this will be in the long run better. You'll get some recent transactions again, but they should all match. Run One Step Update again after you're finished with the procedure, as I got one more actually fresh transaction then.
This discussion has been closed.