One Step Update keeps updating for a financial institution I have unchecked - and it won't stop

robinsd
robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
I have a certain financial institution that I only need to update once a month so I keep it unchecked in One Step Update.  However OSU always checks it anyway and comes back with an error message OL-295A for 2 accounts with zero balances. 

Why? I don't want to update these accounts except once a month when dividends are paid. The main reason is that updating them requires an annoying sequence of getting a dialog in Quicken from the institution asking me whether I prefer my 2FA code via email or text.  I have to reply and then wait for the emailed code and then fill it in before OSU continues.  Note that this sequence of actions only happens when I actually have the institution checked in OSU.  On normal days I just get the error message.

No, it doesn't really hurt anything but I have a philosophy that showing error messages to users regularly innoculates them against reacting to actual error messages that are important.

Screenshots of process below:

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    robinsd said:
    PS. Is there a way to change my username here on the forum for confidentiality reasons?
    Hello @robinsd

We'd be happy to change your username on your behalf, please just reply here and let us know what username you would prefer.

Please note, Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other Users and can only contain letters, numbers, or underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you,

Sarah

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you do not want to view prior update results, I suggest you select check the box to the left Show just the last update on the One Step Update Summary window.

Note: The error status will persist in the Summary until it has been cleared.  I suggest you exit Quicken and rename (or delete) the Quicken file's runtime.dat file within the hidden ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  

Answers

• robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Quicken Premier Windows 10 Pro 21H1 Build 19043.1151
    R34.24
    Build 21.1.34.24
     Sorry, marked as answer by mistake

• robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    PS. Is there a way to change my username here on the forum for confidentiality reasons?
  • Quicken Sarah
    robinsd said:
    Hello @robinsd

We'd be happy to change your username on your behalf, please just reply here and let us know what username you would prefer.

Please note, Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other Users and can only contain letters, numbers, or underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you,

Sarah

• robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Sarah, let's try robinsd
  • Quicken Sarah
    @robinsd - thanks so much for the reply!  Your username has been changed as requested, although you may need to refresh the browser before you see the change take effect.

Thanks again! - Sarah
  • robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @Quicken Sarah, Thanks! I feel safer now.

Reposting my original question since I have a feeling it won't get any attention since I've marked it as answered.  If you see this I hope you can delete my original question since I cannot.  Thanks again for your help!
  • robinsd
    robinsd Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [Removed - Duplicate]
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you uncheck the FI(s) in One Step Update Settings do you click on Apply before you click on Update Now?  Quicken will not remember your Settings changes if you do not click on Apply.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you do not want to view prior update results, I suggest you select check the box to the left Show just the last update on the One Step Update Summary window.

Note: The error status will persist in the Summary until it has been cleared.  I suggest you exit Quicken and rename (or delete) the Quicken file's runtime.dat file within the hidden ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  
This discussion has been closed.