Quickly Remove Duplicated Transactions after Resetting Connection [edited]

James Young
James Young Member ✭✭
Q Version 6.2.2, macOS 10.13.6 I had to reset quicken connect for a bank account. It duplicated downloads going back 90 days. Is there a shortcut to eliminating duplicates vs. Manually deleting? Is it possible when reconnecting to add a new account then just move the new transactions from the new account into the old then delete the new account?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Young,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the instructions found in this support article under the section titled To delete multiple duplicate transactions.

In regard to your second question; when downloaded transactions are moved from one account to another, Quicken will read those transactions as manually entered transactions rather than downloaded transactions which would cause them to duplicate again during your next download session. If you wish to avoid duplicate downloads via moving transactions from one account to another, then the best way to do so would be to set up and download transactions in a new account, move the history from the old account to the new account (not the other way around), then move forward using the new account and deleting the old account after the transactions have been moved.

If you wish to go that route, I'm happy to provide instructions for that. However, since deleting downloaded transactions from an account also prevents those same transactions from being redownloaded again, I do recommend that you first try deleting the duplicate downloads from your current account, and saving a backup once that is done. Then, wait till your next download session to see whether or not the duplicate download issue reoccurs before moving forward with creating a new account and moving transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @James Young,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the instructions found in this support article under the section titled To delete multiple duplicate transactions.

In regard to your second question; when downloaded transactions are moved from one account to another, Quicken will read those transactions as manually entered transactions rather than downloaded transactions which would cause them to duplicate again during your next download session. If you wish to avoid duplicate downloads via moving transactions from one account to another, then the best way to do so would be to set up and download transactions in a new account, move the history from the old account to the new account (not the other way around), then move forward using the new account and deleting the old account after the transactions have been moved.

If you wish to go that route, I'm happy to provide instructions for that. However, since deleting downloaded transactions from an account also prevents those same transactions from being redownloaded again, I do recommend that you first try deleting the duplicate downloads from your current account, and saving a backup once that is done. Then, wait till your next download session to see whether or not the duplicate download issue reoccurs before moving forward with creating a new account and moving transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• James Young
    James Young Member ✭✭
    Thank you! I just deleted the duplicates.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.