How would I download a backup file from my cloud account to Quicken?

I want to save my Quicken backup file to my cloud account as I feel it would be safer there, but I can't figure out how I could bring it up in Quicken if and when I should need it.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hi @Meri Keith,

You can store a backup file in your cloud account but you cannot run Quicken from a datafile that is located in the cloud. 

So, you would need to move the backup file from the cloud to a physical drive on your computer before you restore and/or run the datafile.  Trying to run Quicken with your datafile located anywhere except a drive physically located on/attached to your computer can be very problematic and is not recommended.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to save my Quicken backup file to my cloud account ....
    just to clarify - what do you mean by "cloud account" ?
    The Quicken "cloud" is NOT a backup - merely a shadow of certain selected Quicken accounts for the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web -
    And the other "cloud services" can store your Quicken Backup files - just like any other files...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The cloud account isn't a backup.  It is a partial copy of your data file for use with Mobile/Web, functions like Express Web Connect.

To "backup to the cloud" you would set Quicken to put its backup file in "cloud folder" like a Dropbox, OneDrive, or GoogleDrive.

For the automatic backup you can do that by using this option:
    Edit -> Preferences:

For manual backups you would just browse to that folder.

And if you needed to restore from a backup it would just be a matter of browsing to that folder when doing the restore.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/