Alliant Credit Union broken, requires constant cloud resets

Options
I use Alliant Credit Union, and a few weeks ago Quicken’s cloud service broke for them.

When I synced, the Account Status window showed success, but there were no new transactions downloaded. So I did an Account Settings > Reset Connection and put in my password, but that didn’t help. So I did a Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account > Reset, and that worked to bring in the transactions.

But that was a one-time success. A few days later, no new transactions were syncing, despite success being indicated in Account Status. So I tried Account Settings > Reset Connection and that happened to work.

Again, after that one-time success, no transactions synced. It was about 4 days later, and so I tried a Reset Connection to no avail. So I did a Cloud Reset, and that got new transactions.

I have no faith that I will continue to get transactions from Alliant given these past two weeks. Can you double check the cloud connection to make sure that the Alliant connection is working? I shouldn’t have to do a cloud reset every three days to get my main checking account to download transactions.

Answers

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was having the same trouble with Alliant Credit Union. Transactions that were cleared were not downloading, despite no error being shown.

I deactivated online services from all my Alliant accounts, and then reactivated them, and it has been working properly for about a week.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Roger Miller said:
    > I was having the same trouble with Alliant Credit Union.

That’s good to hear. I was forced to do another cloud reset for today’s transactions; if it keeps failing I’ll try what you did.

Quicken folks: we shouldn’t have to be doing cloud resets or deactivations/reactivations. Please fix your system.
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    That didn’t work. I had removed all online services then added them again. They still only worked once.

STAFF: This used to work. A few months ago, when trying to refresh my accounts in the morning, it would warn me that Alliant was blocking your IPs, and then it would work in the afternoon. Now I get no warning about IPs when refreshing in the morning, and it never works no matter the time of day.

PLEASE fix Alliant.
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still broken. Had to cloud reset again.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Avi Dee Once you have it working again, try deselecting Alliant in your morning updates (in Update Settings), and only include them in your afternoon or evening update. I found that every time I get the morning download error, I then have problems downloading thereafter. Transactions that are posted at the bank will not download, and there is no error message. I then do a deactivate/reactivate cycle for Alliant, and everything is OK. OK, until the next time that I do a OSU in the morning and forget to remove Alliant. So, I think this is somehow related to the problem.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Roger:

Do you have Windows Quicken? Mac Quicken doesn’t seem to have “Update Settings”.

STAFF: This is still broken. If you try to update Alliant in the morning, it breaks. There used to be server-side knowledge of this, where it would automatically not try to connect in the mornings. Please put that back in.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @Avi Dee I have Quicken Windows. In Windows, you click One Step Update, then enter password, then click Settings (see attachment). From there, you can deselect Alliant, and perform the update for all financial institutions except Alliant.
    It has been working fine for me, but I never try to download from Alliant until after about 11 am Pacific time. I succesfully download from them well into the evening, even at 11 pm.
    1.png 10.8K

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting. There’s no such thing on the Mac version; it’s completely different. In addition, there’s no “activate/deactivate” on the Mac either.

Cloud reset stopped working for me. If I cloud reset, I get a bunch of transactions from May and June, but nothing newer.

A full disconnection/reconnection worked, but this is exhausting, as there are a ton of duplicates I have to clean up every time I do that.

STAFF: Please fix this, I’m BEGGING YOU.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Avi Dee said:

STAFF: Please fix this, I’m BEGGING YOU.
    @""Avi Dee" This forum is not Quicken Support. The only staff here you'r talking to are sit moderators, who are neither Supporters nor members of the development team, so requests to fix something here are generally misplaced. You should contact Quicken Support -- even if you've done so before -- as they are the only ones who can document connectivity problems with a specific financial institution and forward them to the Intuit connectivity team.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, will do.
  • Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Having the same issues in the Windows product. [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Options
    I would encourage you to get on chat support and tell those people. When I reported that I constantly had to reset just Alliant and nothing else, they took my report. If more people report it, maybe they’ll fix it faster.
This discussion has been closed.