I get the error OL-209-B when updating from my BBVA-USA accounts?

For the last week, when I try to update/download transactions from BBVA-USA, I get the error OL-209-B. Can someone out there help re: what I should do?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @HDKING .  I was having the same problem with BBVA last weekend.  When it did not self-resolve by Monday I ended up needing to take the following steps (backup your data file before proceeding):
    1. Deactivated each of my BBVA accounts (from the Online Services tab of Account Details).
    2. Signed into my online BBVA account and registered Quicken, again.  (I had to do this even though the "Manage Access" tab showed I was still registered.)
    3. Went back to the Online Services tab of one of my BBVA accounts and clicked on Set Up Now and followed the prompts.  During this process made sure that the downloaded account(s) data is linked to the correct accounts in Quicken to prevent Quicken from mismatching them or from setting up new accounts in Quicken.  Note: During this process Quicken might enter transactions into your register(s) that are duplicates of what is already in the register.  If this happens you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  If it happens (it did not for me) it will be just a 1X occurrence.
    Since then I have had no problems.  I am not sure why I encountered this error code this last weekend but I did notice that my default browser (Firefox) and my other browser (MS Edge) were updated about that time.  So, maybe that broke the Quicken registration in BBVA? 
    Let me know if this process fixed your issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    yelraek said:
    I had the same issue after changing my user ID. I did not have to deactivate my account I just did the register my account and then logged in with Quicken. It fixed the download issue I was having.  Thanks a bunch for the answer to my problem.
    I'm glad to hear this worked for you.
    Why did the BBVA customer support not know about this solution? 
    Because most customer support people at most financial institutions do not know anything about Quicken.  Their training and focus tends to me on business matters, not on technical matters.  If you find that customer support folks can't help you or don't know anything about Quicken you need to specifically request to be connected to a technical support person.  You might get passed around for a while (and maybe even cut off) but eventually you will get connected to someone who knows something about Quicken and can help.
    It will be interesting to see how support for Quicken might change because of the BBVA acquisition by PNC.

• HDKING
    HDKING Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @HDKING said:
    > For the last week, when I try to update/download transactions from BBVA-USA, I get the error OL-209-B. Can someone out there help re: what I should do?

We're never to 'old' to ask for help!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @HDKING .  I was having the same problem with BBVA last weekend.  When it did not self-resolve by Monday I ended up needing to take the following steps (backup your data file before proceeding):
    1. Deactivated each of my BBVA accounts (from the Online Services tab of Account Details).
    2. Signed into my online BBVA account and registered Quicken, again.  (I had to do this even though the "Manage Access" tab showed I was still registered.)
    3. Went back to the Online Services tab of one of my BBVA accounts and clicked on Set Up Now and followed the prompts.  During this process made sure that the downloaded account(s) data is linked to the correct accounts in Quicken to prevent Quicken from mismatching them or from setting up new accounts in Quicken.  Note: During this process Quicken might enter transactions into your register(s) that are duplicates of what is already in the register.  If this happens you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  If it happens (it did not for me) it will be just a 1X occurrence.
    Since then I have had no problems.  I am not sure why I encountered this error code this last weekend but I did notice that my default browser (Firefox) and my other browser (MS Edge) were updated about that time.  So, maybe that broke the Quicken registration in BBVA? 
    Let me know if this process fixed your issue.

• yelraek
    yelraek Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue after changing my user ID. I did not have to deactivate my account I just did the register my account and then logged in with Quicken. It fixed the download issue I was having. Why did the BBVA customer support not know about this solution? Thanks a bunch for the answer to my problem.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    yelraek said:
    I had the same issue after changing my user ID. I did not have to deactivate my account I just did the register my account and then logged in with Quicken. It fixed the download issue I was having.  Thanks a bunch for the answer to my problem.
    I'm glad to hear this worked for you.
    Why did the BBVA customer support not know about this solution? 
    Because most customer support people at most financial institutions do not know anything about Quicken.  Their training and focus tends to me on business matters, not on technical matters.  If you find that customer support folks can't help you or don't know anything about Quicken you need to specifically request to be connected to a technical support person.  You might get passed around for a while (and maybe even cut off) but eventually you will get connected to someone who knows something about Quicken and can help.
    It will be interesting to see how support for Quicken might change because of the BBVA acquisition by PNC.

• HDKING
    HDKING Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @HDKING said:
    > For the last week, when I try to update/download transactions from BBVA-USA, I get the error OL-209-B. Can someone out there help re: what I should do?

We're never to 'old' to ask for help!
  • HDKING
    HDKING Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help. I totally agree with the opinion that it's difficult to get to talk to a BBVA IT person. Although BBVA's rep's are very friendly and professional, it would be nice if some of them spoke better English.
  • Bzonk
    Bzonk Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem. After changing my username and password due to the sale of BBVA to PNC, the one-step update failed in Quicken. I changed the username and password in the password vault, but still got an OL-209-B error when I attempted to update. I logged in to my BBVA account, deleted the old Quicken registration and registered a new connection. The update worked fine afterwards.