Wells Fargo - No Downloaded Transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Wells Fargo.

Comments

• ramos
    ramos Member ✭✭
    I see there have been issues with Wells Fargo which have been noted here as resolved. However, I am not getting downloads after 5/21/2021. Interestingly, my Quicken balance matches my WF online balance, but there are 16 transactions after 5/21 which will not download. I have reset the account in Quicken and also deactivated and reactivated it. I am not receiving any errors and it connects fine showing in the Quicken Update Summary that my two WF accounts updated but there are 0 transactions. What's needed to resolve this?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ramos,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which connection method you are using to connect to Wells Fargo Bank (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ramos
    ramos Member ✭✭
    Hi. I'm using Express Web Connect. I performed the actions above, and the issue is not resolved. The update process runs without error and the update summary log shows that my 2 Wells Fargo accounts were updated, but with 0 new transactions. I can get these transactions if I perform a manual download of the activity from my Wells Fargo website to a Quicken Web Connect format file. Additionally, my account on Quicken would reconcile but the final balance did not match the actual online balance. There is one transaction that would not come down to Quicken properly. It was in my Quicken register, but the reconcile function did not recognize it. I finally had to enter a bogus offsetting transaction manually to make it balance. I don't know if these two issues are related, but I really need to get the download function working from inside of Quicken.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ramos

Thank you for providing those additional details, although I'm sorry to hear that signing out/in of the Quicken ID did not resolve this issue for you.

The transaction that would not reconcile, was this a downloaded transaction from Wells Fargo?  Or one that was manually entered?

If downloaded, it's possible that it might be tied to the missing transactions.  If you haven't already, I would recommend temporarily deleting that transaction (be sure to note the details first).

Once deleted, please run the One Step Update once again - do any of those missing transactions appear now?

If not, go ahead and re-enter the transaction details for what was deleted, which should put the register back in balance.

If the transactions do download, did the one we deleted re-download?

Please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
  • ramos
    ramos Member ✭✭
    I downloaded that transaction by exporting a Quicken file from the WF website. Auto update/download from WF from within Quicken is still not working. That's what really needs to get fixed. Thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ramos

I'd like to see if we might be able to try seeing if we copy the file if we're able to get connectivity in your wells fargo accounts. To do this we'll want to start by copying the file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below. 

You can do so by selecting File > Copy or backup file > create a copy or a template > save copy > open new file. 

Once you've done this every account should be disconnected by default. We'll want to add the account as it were new and relink it. 

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had chance to try this let us know if you get any transactions when downloading. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco