T Rowe Price - not downloading transactions - no error message or codes ?

Camlin
Camlin Member ✭✭
edited August 2021 in Investing (Windows)
please advise

Answers

• CaptDAB
    CaptDAB Member ✭✭
    Yes. Transactions haven't downloaded since May 2021.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why type of account - personal brokerage? IRA? 401(k)? Other? 

What error message if any so you get?

If no message, what happens when you attempt to download?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Camlin
    Camlin Member ✭✭
    thank you. any idea when this will get resolved?
  • Jim_Harman
    edited August 2021
    @Camlin, I don't know when the issue will be resolved, but the resolution may come sooner if you answer the questions I posed above:

Why type of account - personal brokerage? IRA? 401(k)? Other? 

What error message if any so you get?

If no message, what happens when you attempt to download?

• CaptDAB
    CaptDAB Member ✭✭
    For me 401(k) and no error, just no transactions downloading.
  • utah11
    utah11 Member ✭✭
    I have two T. Rowe Price mutual funds (not IRA). TRP One-Step Update download error began several days ago, error code might be [OL-301-A], which is at the end of the error message (see below). Have reset both accounts, no success.

This is the TRP Help for Quicken page:
    https://www.troweprice.com/personal-investing/search-results.html?q=quicken+downloading+/+exporting

TRP Help for Quicken states: "What is my ID and PIN/password? The ID and PIN/password required is the same user name and password that you use to log in to T. Rowe Price's secure website. If you need to set up a user name and password for the first time, please visit our secure website. Please note that there is a 10-character password limit; if your T. Rowe Price password is more than this, only enter the first 10 characters and it will authenticate."

I tried changing to the 10-character password in Q One-Step Update -- no success. Had to revert to TRP online password, but still get the One-Step Update error. It's the weekend -- I'll call TRP on Monday to see if they are aware of problem and have a fix. In the meantime, any assistance from Q Support would be most welcome.

Here's the One-Step Update error message that I'm getting: "2 accounts. Your financial institution has rejected your request. Additional information from T. Rowe Price: An error has occurred. Please try again later. If the problem continues, please call T. Rowe Price @ 800-364-6818 [OL-301-A]."

TRP Help for Quicken states: "Whom should I contact if I cannot resolve a problem? If the problem you encounter relates to the ability to download account information for mutual fund and Brokerage accounts, please contact T. Rowe Price Online Support at 1-888-475-5370. For problems with your 401(k) or 403(b) account information, please contact 1-800-354-2386.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I was on call with Quicken support early this morning (8/30/21), and the representative said they are aware of the issue with T. Rowe Price (OSU error with mutual funds) and told me to wait. Any estimate as to when this will be resolved?
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • utah11
    utah11 Member ✭✭
    T. Rowe Price mutual fund transactions now downloading ok in One-Step Update, at least for me. As of 21:00 UTC (16:00 EDT) 30 Aug. Thanks, Quicken.
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Transactions are downloading for me, however, a large majority of them are downloading as "Unidentified Security". When doing the Share Reconcile option, it is showing that while I have the shares in Quicken, T. Rowe Price is reporting that I have no shares of the funds.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve this, it would be appreciated.

- Merg
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Well, just as a follow-up already... I have two separate accounts at T. Rowe Price. I found that Quicken downloaded all of the transactions for Account 1 along with Account 2 transactions into Account 2 and vice versa. Yeah, that's not good...

- Merg
  • Jim_Harman
    The Merg said:
    Well, just as a follow-up already... I have two separate accounts at T. Rowe Price. I found that Quicken downloaded all of the transactions for Account 1 along with Account 2 transactions into Account 2 and vice versa. Yeah, that's not good...

- Merg
    Historically TRP required that each mutual fund be in its own account in Quicken (but not for 401(k) accounts)

Could it be that they have changed this and that explains the duplicate downloads users are seeing?
  • Jim_Harman
    I am also experiencing this issue with a T Rowe Price 401(k) account.

No transactions have downloaded since the end of May, no error messages, but if I Reconcile shares from the account's gear menu or do a Compare to Portfolio in the Online Center, it shows the discrepancy in share balances.

Looking at the OFX log, I see the INVPOSLIST and INV401KBAL sections, but the INVTRANLIST section is missing.
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Merg said:

- Merg
    Historically TRP required that each mutual fund be in its own account in Quicken (but not for 401(k) accounts)

Could it be that they have changed this and that explains the duplicate downloads users are seeing?

I'm not really sure. I have a 457 account with T. Rowe Price and rolled over a 401(k) account to there as well, so I had two separate accounts. In the past, I had multiple funds in each account and they downloaded correctly. All of a sudden I have this issue of the Unknown Security and all transactions for both accounts downloading into both accounts.

- Merg
  • Jim_Harman
    OK, the 457 and 401(k) accounts are different and have been able to hold multiple securities all along, so that's not the issue. 

Unless you are interested in reviewing your OFX logs to see exactly what is being downloaded, I think you will have to contact either T Rowe Price or Quicken Support to review than and figure it out.
  • CaptDAB
    CaptDAB Member ✭✭
    TRowe 401(k) transactions downloaded back to early June today.
  • T Rowe called me today and said a fix was implemented.