Use current balance of credit card for scheduled payment transaction? (Q Mac)

Options
Coming from Quicken for Windows, I'm accustomed to setting up a scheduled payment transaction (transfer from payment account) to a credit card account and using the current balance as the estimated payment amount. I can't find a way to do this in Quicken for Mac.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @James Blunt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

The only way to do this in Quicken for Mac is by setting up an eBill for the credit card account. To do so, navigate to the Bills & Income tab > click + Add Bill > Track > click Next for eBill > search for the credit card provider Login using financial institution online credentials.

From there, follow the prompts to add the eBill. You will be asked to add an estimated amount (or you can edit it later) which will automatically be updated when the eBill is updated.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does the ebill amount change continuously, or only when the new statement is issued? It appears that the payment amount updates to the statement balance shown when the ebill is updated, presumably to what is shown on the statement. It does not continue to update to the current balance past what is shown as the balance on the statement. That has to be done manually. Am I correct in how I am seeing this? It doesn't work in the Mac version as it does in the Windows version. This causes the projected balances to be incorrect. It also appears that the credit card payment amount is repeated in ongoing months, which makes the projected balance even more incorrect.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @James Blunt

I believe when a bill updates it does show what is shown on the statement balance but I'd need to double check to confirm that is the case. When it comes to the projected balance it should update based on the statement which should be accurate. 

I'll double check the statement balance to see what exactly what happens but if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh, I do hope this is something that will get revised in the Mac software to match what is done in windows. Amount due should equal the current balance in the account, not what the last statement showed.
This discussion has been closed.