How do you like the Quicken Windows new dashboard?

ruledbycats1
ruledbycats1 Member ✭✭✭
I recently got the R35.23 update with the new dashboard. I am not loving it. I cannot find how to customize the dashboard, and while the release notes say the new dashboard is the default for "new customers", my system uses the Dashboard by default. I haven't figured out if or how you can modify/customize the Dashboard, so I am still using the Classic Dashboard along side the new one.

I don't mind the new dashboard format, I just wish I could change the cards a bit. And has anyone else noticed the Investment Top Movers card never shows data? Since the update my Dashboard Investment Top Movers cards reads "No data to show" (but I do have investment data).

Also, if you take the product tour, on the Customize New Home Page (card 6/10), it talks about Add View but this is the only card in the tour that doesn't point to a button/feature. And I have yet to find the Add View for the New Dashboard. (I can see Add View for the old Dashboard under the gear icon, but the New Dashboard gear icon only shows the option to toggle Classic View on and off) Almost like the feature is supposed to be there but it is not?

I want to like the New Dashboard, but seems like it wasn't fully baked when it was sent out. Or maybe it is a static display that the user can't customize? Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"ruledbycats1

It is not Quicken Primer, but Quicken Premier. 

Also your Dashboard on the Home Tab, is there to use, but it is optional to use. One does not need to use it.

One can customize the Home Tab view.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it this is just the start.  As such I certainly hope that it will be much more customizable, hold the settings (like the Zero Y setting) after restart and have all the "cards" that the old Classic has eventually, and have multiple "dashboards".

Note it is my guess that this new Dashboard is going to replace the old one.  It looks pretty much the same, but with what I'm guessing is a "modern" GUI library.  Beside look, maybe the old GUI library for this is no longer supported so they are doing this so that it can be supported in the future.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW I would like to state that I would like one feature in the new Dashboard view that never made it into the old "Classic" is I think the user should have the ability to control the size of the "card".  For instance sizes like 1/4, 1/2, full line.  In the "Classic" it changes size, but doesn't it almost in totally random way.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that someone from Quicken Inc is taking notes on all this feedback for the Dashboard so that they have make it a really useful feature.
    Signature:
  • If I can't get my old dashboard back I will be looking for a different program
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If I can't get my old dashboard back I will be looking for a different program
    The first thing I would check is this setting and make sure that Classic is turned on.

With that you should see both the new Dashboard and the "Classic" as shown below.

Note if you select the gear icon while in a "Classic view" like "My Money" you can even turn off the new Dashboard.

If that doesn't work for you I suggest contacting Quicken support because it isn't working right.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • I've turned off the new dashboard (thx Chris).
    how do i delete cards?
    how do i get a longer than one-year view of the portfolio value in the NEW dashboard? (I have it in Progress of course.)
    how do i get Uncat ... Trans ... to know that a zero amount transaction line needs no category? (i use such lines for additional memo comments.)
    when i click on one of the Uncategorized Transactions listed, Q does not open that trans; it opens another, lines down (but not the last).
    rolling period options would be utile for both 'Top Spending ...' and 'Top Payees' ... whichever periods, at least 'latest 12 months', 'latest 18 months'.
  • kbuschlen
    kbuschlen Member
    I hate the new dashboard and you can't go back to the old one.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    kbuschlen said:
    I hate the new dashboard and you can't go back to the old one.
    You should be able to get the old one, you need to talk to Quicken support to have you figure out why you can't.  Also for the people reporting this, if Quicken support finds out why certain people only have the new Dashboard please report back here on what they said.
    Contact Quicken Support

UPDATE:  I see that there is now announcement in the following thread that this problem has been submitted as a bug by a moderator.  Please bookmark this thread for updates on the problem:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20197827
    Signature:
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    I generally like the new dashboard.  I would like to be able to customize the data that's shown in the default cards, and to create new cards with customized data.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    I don't have any problem with cards missing from the new dashboard. In general, I like the look and feel of the new dashboard. Of course, as it evolves, I would like to see more information contained in it. I still resort to the old dashboard "My Money" for most of the critical information that I need to see.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• OK; it's not that these are all fine contributions. But WHEN the time comes, how do I stop the comment notification emails for this thread? o:)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK; it's not that these are all fine contributions. But WHEN the time comes, how do I stop the comment notification emails for this thread? o:)
    If you have bookmarked this thread un-bookmark it.

For others, check your notifications preferences.

Signature:
  • ;) Ah, thx for your help again.
    I saw that, supposed its open-sketchiness was an indication that it was NOT set.
    (I hadn't set it myself.)
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    That's great, but I wish that I could set email/pop-up preferences on a per thread basis.
    There are some threads that I've participated in (no longer bookmarked) that I would like to continue to receive notices, and others that I do not.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's great, but I wish that I could set email/pop-up preferences on a per thread basis.
    There are some threads that I've participated in (no longer bookmarked) that I would like to continue to receive notices, and others that I do not.
    You should submit an idea for that, go to the Home page and select New Post -> New Idea.  But until they can convince the people that make the forum software I suggest turning off the option to get notifications (at least email) from the threads that you commented on, and bookmark them instead.
    Signature:
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new dashboard is totally meaningless for me.  Oh wait, it did pick up three unclassified transactions totaling about $1. :/  Only good news is that my old customized tab is sticky so I don't ever need to see that new one again!

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• The new dashboard is useless. Can't customize, text is too small for large screens, can't resize, etc. AND the option for Classic Dashboard does not work.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so people know, I just got an update (which is in staged release mode) that has one fix in it, to fix setting the Classic Home tab/Dashboard in the Starter edition of Quicken.  So the fix is rolling out.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I notice that clicking on this:

Takes you to "All Transactions" (the virtual register), but it isn't automatically filtered to "Last 3 days" instead it is whatever the user last set.  It seems like if this going to be used to show the recent transactions it should automatically be filtered in the same way.
    Signature:
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top Payees issue -- My current 30 days Top Payees includes a "No Payee" line.  Chasing that down, they are the MiscExp transactions within investment accounts.  In those transactions, there is no way to specify a Payee.  While I appreciate that such expenses are real, the No Payee attribution is not helpful. 

I suggest having such transactions get a "Misc Expense" annotation for the Top Payee purposes.  That would then present them with useful information and be distinct from transactions that truly do have no payee listed.      
  • norbert007
    norbert007 Member ✭✭
    The new dashboard brings interesting data but it would be much better if we could customize the data, add and remove input and aslo customize the size of the boxes.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I very much like the modern look of the new dashboard and I too like to see the ability for more customization and features and hoping that Quicken has plans to improve it.  I also support @q_lurker's suggestion above on "No Payee" and "MiscExp", and would like to point out that the new dashboard has already addressed an existing issue in the classic one that you can see here in this post.  Thank you Quicken.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• I think the kicker for me on the new dashboard customization is that when you click on the Quicken tutorial, it still shows you an info tip to customize the dashboard by clicking "add view" even when that option isn't there with the new dashboard. That's really confusing for people. It took me 30 mins of research and combing through support articles to find out that I just simply can't customize the new dashboard or add/change cards etc. Why would you roll out this new dashboard with such limited functionality? That makes no sense to me.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you roll out this new dashboard with such limited functionality? That makes no sense to me.
    To me it is better to roll it out with limited functionality so people can see what it is like and give feedback instead of dumping the "completed" work on people and say "Here it is, I hope you like it because we have spent so much time on it we aren't going to change it."  And if you think that doesn't happen you haven't been through any of the old once a year releases that Intuit did.
    Signature:
  • The concept works, but Quicken broke it 2 weeks ago, not sure why they haven't addressed this or fixed it. Nothing shows up, and it now requires I add accounts to each widget, rather than PICK from account I already have. It worked fine before...why are you going backwards. Also, it never saved your preferences, like removing the X-asix, I like that, but why do I have to do that every single time I log in.

THis needs to be fixed, or remove it. bad look
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @PortlandRealist Are you talking about the Investing Dashboard, because the new Dashboard that is on the Home tab and is the subject of this thread, doesn't allow for selecting accounts for me?

On the other hand the Portfolio view with the Y-axis option is only on the Home tab Dashboard.  And yes, this Dashboard isn't saving any of the customize the user does.

Signature:
  • David Roehl
    David Roehl Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I think it is still terrible, but has potential! Why would I want to set up all my accounts again to support the dashboard? The accounts are setup for one-step update already, I should not have to go through that again. I assume this will remove the transfers between accounts being treated as top payees and double counting cash flows.
This discussion has been closed.