Scheduled Transaction Schedule, every 6 weeks (Q Mac)

This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I set-up a reminder for a 6-week recurrence?

Comments

• Jim3
    Jim3 Member ✭✭✭
    I have Quicken Premier 2020 on my Mac and I am only given a fixed set of choices. I too want to select every 6 weeks and choose 4 weeks which will be a pain to figure out which ones to skip and which ones to adjust (i.e., adjust every 2nd of 3 instances to 2 weeks later and skip every 3rd of 3 instances). Unless there is a better solution I will probably delete the whole series and go back to manual entry each time. Here is a screen shot of my choices. I hope someone has an answer or that Quicken adds a more flexible feature to allow any number of weeks, days, or months.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    From the popup menu, choose "Weekly" instead of "Every Four Weeks":

Then you'll be able to set a 6-week recurring schedule:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gm3
    gm3 Member ✭✭
    the above screen does not appear on my weekly, monthly screen is not in the starter app?
  • gm3
    gm3 Member ✭✭
    I don't have the choice to set every 10 weeks or every 4 months etc.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @gm3. Yes, you have these options. See the little triangle to the left of "Starting"? Click it if you don't see the options, and they will appear. Then you can set every 10 weeks or every 4 months.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cknoblo
    cknoblo Member
    If I had not found this, I would never have found that option. That takes care of my Social Security payments.
  • StephenN
    StephenN Member
    My problem is a new recurring direct debit on a 30 day cycle.
    I can't see an option that allows me to set that up - 'No of days' isn't an option under Frequency.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    StephenN said:
    My problem is a new recurring direct debit on a 30 day cycle.
    I can't see an option that allows me to set that up - 'No of days' isn't an option under Frequency.
    That's a very unusual schedule; one that moves forward a day in 31 day months and back 1 or 2 days in February. It's not something that Quicken provides in the program. My only suggestion would be to set it up as monthly, then adjust as necessary in the non-30-day months. Once a year, reset the schedule for the new baseline day of the month.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @StephenN Every 30 days is indeed unusual; so some months you have two transactions, and some years you have 12 transactions and other years you have 13 transactions?  I think RickO has given you the best answer that you will have to tweak a monthly schedule to the actual dates. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.