Downgrade Quicken Premier from R35.26 build 27.1.35.26 back to R34.24

Options
Is it possible to downgrade Quicken Premier from R35.26 build 27.1.35.26 back to R34.24? Where could I download that R34.24 from, and are there any special instructions to install/downgrade? I have a working backup file on that release I could use.

R34.24 had been working without any issues until this past week. Starting Quicken caused an automatic upgrade to R35.26. I have been multiple issues since then, and would like to downgrade back to R34.24 which worked without issue.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just download/save/execute the patch you want from this url: Quicken Patches  Do the execution with the network connection disabled so that Quicken won't try to update to R35.26.
    Also, set the Windows UAC at a level that you decide if a program makes a change to a program, that way you decide if you want Quicken to upgrade or not.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Allan401
    Allan401 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the link and technical suggestions, although I would probably not have downgraded using externally hosted binaries. After some work this afternoon I was able to workaround all my issues, and therefore decided to remain on R35.26.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The externally hosted patches are from a verified Quicken user. They are legit and virus free.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another possibility if one of the monthly builds available to users that need to re-install after their subscription has expired would be those available here: QWin - expired installs
    Not all of the releases are available via this link, just the last one of the month.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually believe at the moment if one was to uninstall Quicken, and reinstall it they would get R34.24 because the R35.X builds are "staged release/paused".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/