Duplicate calendar entries

I used the validate and super validate and still I will have multiply entries for the same bill or reminder. This needs to be fixed. For example I open the august calendar and have 4 entries for the same bill on one day. How do I fix this!!!!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CRA1021

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend checking your manual bill and income reminders to ensure that there are in fact no duplicates. 

To check for this select Bills & Income >Manual Bills & Income >Monthly Bills & Deposits. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • steinsiekj
    steinsiekj Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [removed - unhelpful/disruptive]
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. No duplicate entries in Manual Bill and Income Reminders.
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    I'm sorry. I was not clear. I have the same problem as the OP with duplicate calendar entries for manual transfers to pay credit cards, and as suggested, I checked and I have no duplicate entries in Manual Bills and Income reminders. Please help. Throws off all projected balances and makes it impossible to budget.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @James Blunt

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the issue you're having it may be best to have an agent view the issue alongside you, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Darez
    Darez Member
    Has the reason for this been discovered? The main reason I use Quicken is for the projected balance.
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    No, it hasn't. Quicken support has been no help. I am currently trying to use the Mac version of Quicken but don't like it as much as the Windows version.
  • Hello @James Blunt & @Darez,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble.

What you two are experiencing is not the expected behavior of the software. We are not seeing a large number of customers experiencing this, nor are we seeing it happen in our own software. This tells me that it is most likely specific to your data files. That being said, there is something you can try, but it will take some extra work on your end. 

This suggestion is meant to be applied to the Quicken for Windows software. You can copy the data in your current data file, this will give you a new file to work in. This way you can see if the reminders behave the same way there. If you don't see the same issue then it confirms that what you have been going through is file specific. 

To do this;

1. Click on File.

2. Click on Copy or Backup File.

3. Click on Create a copy or template.

4. Click Save Copy

5. Select New Copy and click Ok.

Now you are in the new file. If you decide to stay in this file you will need to reconnect all of your previously connected accounts. Be aware that this can cause duplicate transactions as well as other minor inconveniences.

In order to get back to your original file, go back up and click on "File" again. At the bottom of the menu options, right above "Exit", click on #2. This should take you back to the original file.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. I do hope you find this useful.

Quicken Alyssa

• Darez
    Darez Member
    I opened the original file and now, something that wasn't there yesterday, under Bills, Income & Transfers, there's a few dozen $0.00 bills with no biller information that show Auto Enter. I stopped using Auto Enter a while ago because that's just one more thing that doesn't work. I copied the file anyway and a bunch of duplicate deposits appeared in the new file that are not in the old file. The other duplicates are still there as well. I spend too much time fixing errors caused by this buggy software. I'm going to have to spend an evening adding my accounts to a new file - not the first time either.
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me.
  • Hello all,

The last suggestion I would give is to uninstall and reinstall your Quicken software, just to rule out the possibility of this being a software issue. If you do this, or have already done this, and it doesn't work, please give our Quicken Support team a call so they can take a look at it with you. You can also report the issue from within your software. To do this you will go up to Help>Report a Problem>Send To Quicken.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa
  • CRA1021
    CRA1021 Member
    edited November 2021
    Just an update. I deleted all my manual entries and the duplication went away. I Then reentered 1 manual bill and its not duplicating. However, many other bills are not showing up at all. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • I have the same issue with one specific account duplicating billing reminders. Also had this happen when I set up a manual transfer. The only way I have goteen around this is to manually enter the transaction in my check register at the future date.
  • CRA1021
    CRA1021 Member
    edited November 2021
    [Removed-Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.