Projected balances issue, wrong projections appearing

I keep having problems with projected balances...In the past, I had a deposit upcoming of 1000 dollars, but projected balances added 40,000 dollars (I wish)...I have to go delete that transaction in Manage Bills and Income and then re-enter it, which corrects it. Today I had a bill for 157.00 for 10/1/21 projecting a 2000.00 loss to my account. I deleted and re-entered again, and it corrected. If it happens again, should I send files to Quicken Support before I fix, and what files do I send? Can I send files after I fix and will they be able to tell anything from that? Today was about the 4th time in the last year that this has happened. Running R34.24 Build 27.1.34.24

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Susan Brasel,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken
    Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken
    If you still see the issue resurface again after validating and/or super validating, then I do recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance without fixing the problem on your own. Our support agents will then be able to screen share with you and be able to view the issue to further investigate.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.