How can I do an online update for just one account?

I have several accounts (cheque, savings, credit cards...) with a single bank and they are all accessed via the same bank card. When I initiate the "update now" (express web connect) for a specific account, Quicken downloads transactions for all the accounts accessed via the bank card. Is there any way of getting Quicken to just download new transactions for the selected account and not for all of them?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I'm using the latest version of Quicken Deluxe for Windows.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  There is a way.  We may deactivate the Online Services of the other registers associated with the sign in account at the financial institution.

Why don't you want Quicken the other registers?
  • User003
    User003 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. A little bit cumbersome because then I have to re-activate the other registers again afterwards. A reason for not doing all at once is that the statement dates vary from one register to another. Also I just find it easier to not have to handle a hundred or more transactions at a time which is what happens when it downloads all the outstanding transactions at once (I don't have the time to update Quicken every other day!)
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could download a Web Connect .QFX file from the financial institution's website (if they support it) and import it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. A little bit cumbersome because then I have to re-activate the other registers again afterwards. A reason for not doing all at once is that the statement dates vary from one register to another. Also I just find it easier to not have to handle a hundred or more transactions at a time which is what happens when it downloads all the outstanding transactions at once (I don't have the time to update Quicken every other day!)
    Who say's you need to handle all the transactions when you download them?  Just import them as they become available and handle them whenever you'd like.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    You could download a Web Connect .QFX file from the financial institution's website (if they support it) and import it.

When you are set up for Express Web Connect protocol for the Register, Web Connect File changes the protocol from Express Web Connect to Web Connect. So when you want to use One Step Update, the Register Account using Express Web Connect, does not appear in One Step Update. The Protocol has been changed. Try it. Needs to be tested over a week, to see the problem.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• thecreator

Are you using Manual Transactions?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:

When you are set up for Express Web Connect protocol for the Register, Web Connect File changes the protocol from Express Web Connect to Web Connect. So when you want to use One Step Update, the Register Account using Express Web Connect, does not appear in One Step Update. The Protocol has been changed. Try it. Needs to be tested over a week, to see the problem.
    That may be, but re-enabling one versus disabling all but one is easier.  
    I side with Sherlock's second response in that so what if they all download, you can deal with them as you want, nothing requires that you deal with them right away.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• User003
    User003 Member ✭✭
    Hi @thecreator ,
    No, I'm not using manual transactions. I have been using manual QFX file downloads - I had used online connect a long time ago and had lots of issues (missing/duplicated transactions, fail to connect...) so I switched. I thought I would give the online another chance since it reduces the effort. Since there doesn't seem to be any easy way of doing what I want, I will go with the suggestion from @Sherlock to simply handle the new transactions whenever.
    Thanks for all the replies!
  • thecreator
    Hi @QuickenUser003

If you are not using Manual Transactions, then what's the problem.
    Uncheck both options that are highlighted.

This way, all transactions that are downloaded or imported are located under the register waiting for you to review them, then accept All. Only if you are entering Manual Transactions, that's when you want to accept them individually.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @thecreator ,
    No, I'm not using manual transactions. I have been using manual QFX file downloads - I had used online connect a long time ago and had lots of issues (missing/duplicated transactions, fail to connect...) so I switched. I thought I would give the online another chance since it reduces the effort. Since there doesn't seem to be any easy way of doing what I want, I will go with the suggestion from @Sherlock to simply handle the new transactions whenever.
    Thanks for all the replies!
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.
  • User003
    User003 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I can see that Express Web Connect is still unreliable - it just missed a transaction for one of my registers. I thought that it might work better now than it did when I last tried it many months ago. I'll have to decide which way to go.
This discussion has been closed.