Block auto payments when restoring a backup

Options
In my file I have many Bill and Income Reminders. Many are set to 'Auto Enter'. When I try to restore a backup ALL the past Auto Enter Reminders are entered. How do I prevent the auto enter Bill and Income Reminders from being entered when I restore a backup?
I want to see the file as it was when I made the backup. Otherwise the restored file is useless because of the mess the auto enter transactions make of it.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    An easy way, and this can be done by you ... without programmer action, is to set the clock on your computer to BEFORE the date of the backup.
    THEN the 'auto enter reminders" won' be triggered.
    You can reset the clock when you're satisfied with what you see.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is an existing "idea" suggestion to allow stifling reminders at the time a backup is restored. Please vote for it here:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > ... is to set the clock on your computer to BEFORE the date of the backup.
    > ....

That is a good idea. But this is not something a user should be ever be required to do to use a backup.

I am completely flabbergasted that this hasn't be address before. After 20+ years of using Quicken, I can't believe that others and I have not raised this as a huge issue before.
  • DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rocket J Squirrel That request was only made last year. I would think that this issue would have been submitted years ago. I have added my comments to the topic.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rocket J Squirrel That request was only made last year. I would think that this issue would have been submitted years ago. I have added my comments to the topic.
    Long term requests like these get submitted and forgotten many times over the years.  Especially as they change the forum software used.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.