Quicken Update Fails Everytime, Reinstalling Fails

Options
I have searched the Forum and followed directions for uninstalling Quicken but I've been unsuccessful. I uninstalled through the Control Panel and then Qcleanui, etc. (I created the New Briefcase folder and downloaded the appropriate files. Now I have removed everything I can find related to Quicken and Intuit and either deleted or renamed folders to TROUBLESHOOTING. I even checked for entries in the Windows Registry because the last install I ran failed due to a version conflict. Is there anything I can do or am I at the point where I should contact customer support? I am using the Quicken subscription for Windows version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24. I'm completely dependent on Quicken. Thanks so much.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Charlene2@

Based on what you've said above, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for some hands-on assistance.  Here's the LINK, but they won't be available until tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As you have not provided the error message you are receiving when the installation fails, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Charlene2@

Based on what you've said above, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for some hands-on assistance.  Here's the LINK, but they won't be available until tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As you have not provided the error message you are receiving when the installation fails, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Charlene2@
    Charlene2@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Sherlock. There was no error number or code. I printed the screen and the log file. It’s a version error. It may be the Adler32 error? I haven’t read the forum entry so will try that and then contact support. Thanks so much.
  • Charlene2@
    Charlene2@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    My problem was the Adler32 issue. I went to the Quicken support site and downloaded the latest Mondo Patch. It went fairly smoothly. A couple of hiccups but, apparently, I got through them because Quicken is reinstalled and I just updated all of my banking/credit card accounts. Whew. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.