How do I accept transactions for a loan?

I've setup a new mortgage loan in Quicken and connected to my bank account. It managed to download transactions from my bank and now shows the little red flag next to the account name in the account list. There is no way to see the transaction register for this loan account to accept transactions on the account. I can't even disable the online connection because it wants me to first finish accepting all the transactions.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hmmm...
    Something that another SupperUser suggested was
    Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > select Automatically add to bank registers

the exit Quicken and start it up again. 

I see no obvious advantage to setting up a loan as a downloading loan as all that gets downloaded is the principal portion of your payment - per the servicer - and the process for getting this information into Quicken seems somewhat fragile and prone to break.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that you are the borrower of this mortgage ... AND that you set up the mortgage to be downloaded from your bank.
    A downloaded mortgage doesn't have a register ... thus there are no transactions to accept.
    SO, perhaps you could clarify what your situation is ... so that we can provide further help.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hmmm...
    Something that another SupperUser suggested was
    Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > select Automatically add to bank registers

the exit Quicken and start it up again. 

I see no obvious advantage to setting up a loan as a downloading loan as all that gets downloaded is the principal portion of your payment - per the servicer - and the process for getting this information into Quicken seems somewhat fragile and prone to break.
  • @"Tom Young"

Thank you, this tip solved my issue.
This discussion has been closed.