Salem Five Bank: Update reports OL-393-A since April

TomS
TomS Member ✭✭
I've been getting this "error" since April on Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe R35.13 (now). The summary says Quicken is unable to update but it actually seems to; however I can never be sure except when a new transaction shows up. Salem Five says that it is working properly and that Quicken is incorrectly reporting OL-393-A. I don't know how to get this resolved. I have done everything short of starting from scratch on my end. (Super validate, reset, deactivate/reactivate). I need Quicken to look at this.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How many accounts do you have with this bank?
    Of those, how many are closed or have been hidden in Quicken, but are still activated for downloading?
    Deactivate unnecessary accounts, one at a time, until the OSU error message goes away.
    On the One Step Update Summary view, at the bottom, make sure that "Show just the last update" has a checkmark. You don't want to see old, obsolete error messages.

• TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are 2 accounts. I never thought of deactivating them one at a time and this may have done the trick. When I would deactivate both and reactivate I would no longer get the error message for a time but then it would start again. I am not getting the error message after deactivating/reactivating one account. I'll have to wait a few days for a new transaction to show up to see if it is really fixed. Thanks.

Answers

• Hello @TomS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-393.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    As I said, I have done everything possible as a user including contacting the FI. They say the problem is with Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How many accounts do you have with this bank?
    Of those, how many are closed or have been hidden in Quicken, but are still activated for downloading?
    Deactivate unnecessary accounts, one at a time, until the OSU error message goes away.
    On the One Step Update Summary view, at the bottom, make sure that "Show just the last update" has a checkmark. You don't want to see old, obsolete error messages.

• TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are 2 accounts. I never thought of deactivating them one at a time and this may have done the trick. When I would deactivate both and reactivate I would no longer get the error message for a time but then it would start again. I am not getting the error message after deactivating/reactivating one account. I'll have to wait a few days for a new transaction to show up to see if it is really fixed. Thanks.
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    This solution has now worked for several days and I am marking the solution as complete. I never would have thought of deactivating and reactivating only one of the accounts (instead of all) would be a solution, but it is. Thank you.
  • Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    I also have been having this problem for some time. I also have 2 accounts. I tried deactivating one account and then reactivating it but it did not work
  • Nlmbrd
    Nlmbrd Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue
This discussion has been closed.