Possible to make See Where Money Goes match Spending Without Taxes?

just_matt
just_matt Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The See Where Your Money Goes pane on the Main View shows that Taxes is my highest single-category expenditure every month, but this is out of my control and therefore meaningless to me, and also inflates the Total Spending number on the SWYMG pane by >25%. If I then go to Examine Your Spending, I get the option to see Spending Without Taxes. Is there a way to make the SWYMG pane act in the same manner, and exclude Taxes?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry @just_matt but I am not aware of anyway to customize the SWYMG view other than for Accounts selection and time period.
    Personally, I've often wondered why there even is a SWYMG view.  The Spending tab Transactions view has the same graph, shows the transactions beneath it and it provides the ability to screen out tax transactions, show just income transactions or show all expenses....all without having to click through anything else.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the SWYMG window click on "Examine Your Spending" then on the window that shows up select the third drop down menu up in the left hand corner and select "Spending without taxes."

• Boatnmaniac
    You could also click on the Spending tab to get the view @Tom Young refers to.  If you are not seeing the Spending tab:  View > Tabs to show > Spending.

• just_matt
    just_matt Member ✭✭
    @Tom Young @Boatnmaniac Thank you both. What you pointed out is actually part of my question. I know that Spending Without Taxes is available if I click through. I'm asking if there is a way to make the SWYMG pane display that way, on the Main View pane, WITHOUT having to click through.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Sorry @just_matt but I am not aware of anyway to customize the SWYMG view other than for Accounts selection and time period.
    Personally, I've often wondered why there even is a SWYMG view.  The Spending tab Transactions view has the same graph, shows the transactions beneath it and it provides the ability to screen out tax transactions, show just income transactions or show all expenses....all without having to click through anything else.

• just_matt
    just_matt Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac Agreed. It's like so many things I've found about Quicken that are >< that close to what I want. And it's frequently the same type of situation as this, where yes, this feature is good, but it would be perfect if it had this one other option THAT IS AVAILABLE ELSEWHERE WITHIN THE PROGRAM but for some reason isn't available right here where I want it. That's frustrating, because the mechanic is already RIGHT THERE but I can't use it the way I want.
This discussion has been closed.