How can I enter Bill Reminders in the register for payments withdrawn automatically by payee?

Many of my credit card and utility bills are set up in the payee's website as auto pay, and are withdrawn automatically from my account by the payee on the due date. I want to post an entry to my Quicken register which shows the payee (e.g., Chase), the amount that will be withdrawn, and the date on which it will be withdrawn. When the payment is withdrawn and included in my download of transactions, I want Quicken to match the actual payment transaction and the reminder transaction. I was hoping I could get Quicken to connect to Chase's website, identify the upcoming payment amount and date, and enter it into my register. But it doesn't seem to work that way, and it appears it might only work if I turn off the payee's auto pay and have Quicken initiate the payment. Can anyone advise me as to how to accomplish what I want?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest entering the bill reminder's transaction in the register before importing the matching transaction from the financial institution. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Sherlock .  All of my credit cards are set up to be automatically paid in full each month.  I also have set up in my online CC accounts for alerts to be emailed or texted to me when the new statements are available.  Those alerts show the next due date, the minimum payment due and the total statement balance.  I then enter the Bill Reminder after making adjustments for the amount to be paid and the due date (if the due date varies some) and then forget about because Quicken will match the future downloaded transactions to the Bill Reminder that was previously entered.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.