"select accounts to export" message at the bottom of OSU

I have de-selected this option and still get this message on every OSU.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    This has nothing to do with online sync. It is Quicken prompting the user to export an investment portfolio to investing.quicken.com. This message appears when the user has chosen not to export any accounts in Preferences. It is harmless, if annoying, and yes, we all see it if we don't export accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with online sync. It is Quicken prompting the user to export an investment portfolio to investing.quicken.com. This message appears when the user has chosen not to export any accounts in Preferences. It is harmless, if annoying, and yes, we all see it if we don't export accounts.
    I have chosen not to export any accounts in Preferences and Quicken is not prompting to export an investment portfolio to investing.quicken.com with the message: select accounts to export.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    This has been a long standing problem that has been around for as long as I can remember.

What is happening is this setting for updating the online portfolio gets selected even though the user hasn't selected it.  Unusually after an patch update.

And given that a user has gone into these settings and deselected all accounts:

It posts that error message because it goes to do that update and there isn't any accounts selected.

What I do is just select a closed account that has no securities that can be updated, and select Send my symbols only just in case anything ever gets sent.  It is easier than constantly fighting Quicken were it keeps selecting to update the online portfolio.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I reported this as a bug many years ago when I had the Premier, and also suggested to add a third "Don't Send Any" to that preferences.  Now that I use the Deluxe version I don't see this error since Deluxe does not have the Investing.Quicken.com feature.  Surprised that it is still lingering.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    I am using Quicken Deluxe and I don't have Preference option titled "Investing Quicken.com" nor do I have One Step Update option to "Update portfolio..." .

I've been getting the annoying "You need to select accounts to export" message ever since I selected preference Alerts and Messages, and Reset Quicken Warnings in an attempt to solve an unrelated issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    bnc0123 said:
    I am using Quicken Deluxe and I don't have Preference option titled "Investing Quicken.com" nor do I have One Step Update option to "Update portfolio..." .

I've been getting the annoying "You need to select accounts to export" message ever since I selected preference Alerts and Messages, and Reset Quicken Warnings in an attempt to solve an unrelated issue.
    As I understand it the Deluxe edition doesn't have the option do update the online portfolio.
    But in truth what that would mean is you wouldn't have access to the settings, not that the functionality isn't there.  Quicken is really just one program and the "editions" are controlled by the license.

So I suspect that the option in the data file is actually on, but set where no accounts are selected.   And that means that it is actually trying to do this and getting that error.

Short of bringing that data file up in Premier or above I don't know how you would fix this.
    Note because the setting gets turned on when updates come in whether the user selects it or not.  I think the only way to really get rid of the message for good is what I do and do select an account, but only for the symbols or maybe an account that has no open positions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/