One Step Update Sync is not Working!

Options
Hi,
I am running Quicken Premier subscription with latest update. One step update Sync has stopped working for me. I have validated my data file and shows no errors.

1. One step update for a month now stalls while a sync to Quicken Cloud executes.
a. the message says this is a one time process so why does it happen multiple times?
b. What is Quicken Cloud anyway? My Quicken Backup is to my private dropbox folder; I never registered for the free cloud storage.
c. While this process executes, Quicken is nonresponsive, Windows reports it as nonresponsive, screen goes black for multiple periods. I want this to go away.

2. Now, after one step update finally terminates after an unacceptable delay, it shows that there were no new transactions across multiple accounts. I know this is not true because I can see new transactions when I log directly into banks and credit card companies.

I depend on and love Quicken for all my personal finances for 15 years. Having it so sick is very disturbing to me. Please help.
Thanks,
Ken (my wife is Pat)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

If you're not using the Quicken Cloud for Quicken Mobile app or Quicken on the Web, I suggest you disable the Sync.  Otherwise, I suggest you attempt to reset your cloud data.

As to your issue importing transactions, please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • Pat Sills
    Pat Sills Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thx for your prompt reply. Sync has always been disabled, but when I launch one step update Quicken attempts to sync to the cloud. See attachment.
    Ken
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Pat Sills,

You might also want to make sure that your "Synch" to mobile and the web is turned off.  See this Snip:

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -