Schools First FCU-New Communication Error Questions

gregneg
gregneg Mac Beta Beta
Schools First FCU-New

A Multifactor Authentication Required by who?
 I have not asked Quicken, nor my bank, to do that.

Anyway, I receive and enter the verification number -- and I get a message that there was a communication error "with our servers"  -- . Whose servers?

Finally, how long do I wait for a reasonable "Try again later"?

27" iMac 5K OS Ventura Quicken user since it was just a check register.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    gregneg said:

Where/ how do I get your "alert"?
    Hello @gregneg

We apologize that a link to the alert was not provided.  The alert may be found here.

We would also recommend bookmarking the post so that you automatically receive updates and/or a resolution for this known issue as they become available.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Hello @gregneg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To clarify; are you receiving this error while trying to add a new account, or while trying to update an existing account that's already been added?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    @ Quicken Anja

Trying to update existing accounts --two institutions update just fine, Schools First FCU is the one with the problem: doing the multi factor verification dance that fails.

• Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest deactivating the account(s) associated with this financial institution, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Anja
     I went through the steps
       Step 8 got me a Quicken update to 6.4.0

Subsequent attempts to set up Schools First FCU accounts by type and by institution failed ( I did enter the verification codes received where I could)

• Thank you for trying those steps and for providing an update.

In that case, next, I suggest creating a new (test) file and try adding the account brand new to see if you receive the error(s) in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Created a new test file just for Schools First FCU --- (more than once)
    Did the mutltifactor authentication via text, email, copy paste and hand entered. I only made a single attempt each time  --- all failed with this:

UPDATE
    I waited about ½ hour and tried the same test routine and succeeded with a different account set.  The main account still fails on verification with Error code: BID = 6893

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gregneg

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There has been a spike in users with this similar issue. It has been escalated and is currently being worked on with our service provider(s). There is no ETA for a solution at this time but there will be an alert created shortly so that you may obtain more information/updates. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    Hello @gregneg

----There is no ETA for a solution at this time but there will be an alert created shortly so that you may obtain more information/updates.
    Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    gregneg said:

Hello @gregneg

We apologize that a link to the alert was not provided.  The alert may be found here.

We would also recommend bookmarking the post so that you automatically receive updates and/or a resolution for this known issue as they become available.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.