myWalgreens Mastercard Synchrony Bank

Options
Has anyone been able to find the myWalgreens Mastercard to download transactions on Quicken? The credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank. If not can we get this added?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @bristol1514,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Have you already tried adding the account under "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" that can be found in our financial institution list? 

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bristol1514
    bristol1514 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that has been tried that but it is giving error cc-503. The login is not incorrect as we are able to get on the MyWalgreens credit card website but adding the account in Quicken is not successful using same login/password.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

Next, could you please provide the exact URL web address you visit when accessing your account? Do you access the account via Synchrony's or Walgreens' website?

-Quicken Anja

• bristol1514
    bristol1514 Member ✭✭
    Options
    https://walgreens.syf.com/login
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @bristol1514

Thank you for the additional information. I was checking to see if there was a direct connection but there does not appear to be one. Since you've also tried the general Synchrony bank sign-in as well it doesn't seem like a direct path to connect your account to connect. I'd like to see if we might be able to get the account connected by trying a different connection.

When you're adding your account try seeing if you can connect using the "guitar center credit card" connection. Some users in the community have reported being able to add connections not normally available through this connection.

Once you've had a chance to attempt this please let us know if you're able to get the card added.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • bristol1514
    bristol1514 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Negative.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bristol1514

You should add the account via the "Add Account" method, but when in the "Search for your Financial Institution" pop-up screen - you should enter "W2WE" and press "Next".  On the nest screen enter your "User Name" and "Password".  That should get you to screens that will allow you to add the account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bristol1514
    bristol1514 Member ✭✭
    Options
    W2WE is not the credit card, it does not work. The next step it asks for a personal key. There is no option for a personal key on the website. Speaking to MyWalgreens credit card chat, they said there is no option for Quicken Express Web Connect. I thought Quicken would know that? When will this get added?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Speaking to MyWalgreens credit card chat, they said there is no option for Quicken Express Web Connect. I thought Quicken would know that? When will this get added?
    If Walgreens credit card support indicated they do not offer Express Web Connect, then that could indicate that they do not support online transaction downloads for Quicken. However, if you want to double-check and make sure, you can reach back out to them and ask them about whether or not they support Direct Connect and/or Web Connect (.qfx) downloads for Quicken. If they indicate that they do not, then, unfortunately, that would confirm that they do not at all support downloads to Quicken. 

Since you mentioned that their cards are also issued by Synchrony bank, I do also recommend reaching out to Synchrony and see if they support Quicken transaction downloads specifically for their Walgreens credit cards. 

In regards to when they would be added (that is if, in fact, they do not currently support any form of Quicken's transaction downloading methods); in order for a new financial institution to support transaction downloads to Quicken, the financial institution will need to submit a request to our service providers in order to be added. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, though I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• bristol1514
    bristol1514 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not the answer I was hoping for when paying for a service to do this for me. :/
  • Steve183@
    Steve183@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is what myWalgreens chat says:

"Synchrony does have a relationship with Quicken, so you'll be able to download transaction, balance, etc. using their software. If you're having problems using Quicken, you'll need to contact them for assistance."

I use Quicken for MAC (I use to use the Windows version) and the myWalgreens site does allow Web Connect but apparently not Quicken Connect (I think this is Express Web Connect in the Windows version of Quicken).

Activity Page on myWalgreens site:
    From this page, you can view and download your recent transactions. Simply select the export button, then choose the period of time and desired format from the drop down and select Begin Export. The exported file will be downloaded based on your browser preferences.

bristol1514 may have to talk to someone at Synchrony to get Quicken Connect (Express Web Connect) into their system for myWalgreens. I also have a PayPal Master Card issued by Synchrony and can use Quicken Connect for downloads.
  • cynthia T
    cynthia T Member
    Options
    I have this same issue but also have it with my Sams Club business credit card, which is also a synchrony card...not good! As a long, long-time quicken customer, I would expect that Quicken reaches out to credit card companies and solicits the use of their download feature by the credit card company. This should be considered part of Quicken's service for its customers. We should not be caught between quicken and the credit card company. Of course, if the CC company does not want to cooperate, there is no recourse for quicken. I have no problem with my Lowes synchrony card so I don't think it is on the CC company side :(
  • Steve183@
    Steve183@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure each company's card (Lowes, myWalgreens, Sam's Club, etc) have some say as to what they will allow Synchrony to do with their data. Apparently myWalgreens has chosen to "only" allow the manual download of their data.

Synchrony issues the PayPal CC and I've quit using it because of how Synchrony works with that card in other ways. I've not yet stopped using myWalgreens but am considering it. They are now my odd man out.
  • Tom Claffy
    Tom Claffy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally got the my Walgreens card to add direct connect while resetting my online account for ANOTHER Synchrony Bank account in Quicken. Amazon in my case and in addition to updating the Amazon account, Quicken returned a row from Synchrony to add myWalgreens, I just added the account and moved the opening transactions from my manual Walgreens account which i then deleted. I was never able to get the myWalgreens card to active direct connect from that account in spite of multiple attempts. I had my credit card account frozen since I really won't manually monitor a credit card, so I released the freeze and ran a small charge thru on the card. Today, my update brought down that first transaction since the direct connect was setup, automatically as expected.