Where in Life Planner do I enter the distributions from my retirement accounts IRA and Roth IRAs?

Options
BvW
BvW Member ✭✭
Where in Life Planner do I enter the distributions from my retirement accounts IRA and Roth IRAs? Does this fall under other income?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't.  One of the limitations of the Lifetime planner is that it decides when, how much, and which accounts to take money out to pay for expenses.  You have no control over that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do not enter our retirement account distributions in the Lifetime Planner.  The account balances should be provided under Investments.  Quicken uses our birth date to estimate the RMDs. 

Note: The Lifetime Planner doesn't know how to handle inherited traditional IRAs with RMDs.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curious. How do folks who are already taking RMDs that are for amounts different than Quicken's calculated distribution amount handle the difference? 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mshiggins said:
    Curious. How do folks who are already taking RMDs that are for amounts different than Quicken's calculated distribution amount handle the difference? 
    I ignore it. Just another grain of salt with which to take LTP's results.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Quicken Windows Lifetime Planner doesn't calculate the RMD start age correctly for those of us who qualify under the new rules...where the RMD start age is 72 instead of age 70 1/2.  

OY!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Windows Lifetime Planner doesn't calculate the RMD start age correctly for those of us who qualify under the new rules...where the RMD start age is 72 instead of age 70 1/2. 
    True. Go here to vote to get this up-to-date:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.