How do I delete a "pending bill pay transaction" from 2019?

Options
We closed this account after a relocation and I'm trying to delete the account in quicken. The system will not allow the deletion and I have narrowed it down to this one transaction.

My guess is there is a bug, but is there a known solution?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @cspeoples,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the instructions provided below in an attempt to delete the pending bill pay transaction first.
    1. Select the bill pay transaction you need to remove
    2. Hold Option on your keyboard
    3. While still holding the Option-key, click on Delete on the bottom left of your register screen, then let go of the Option-key
    4. You should receive a dropdown menu at the top of the Quicken window; Choose Change to manual
    5. Once Change to manual has been selected, you should see an orange pencil show in front of the transaction and should now be able to delete the transaction.
    Once you've been able to successfully delete the transaction, go ahead and see if you are now able to delete the account as well.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @cspeoples,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the instructions provided below in an attempt to delete the pending bill pay transaction first.
    1. Select the bill pay transaction you need to remove
    2. Hold Option on your keyboard
    3. While still holding the Option-key, click on Delete on the bottom left of your register screen, then let go of the Option-key
    4. You should receive a dropdown menu at the top of the Quicken window; Choose Change to manual
    5. Once Change to manual has been selected, you should see an orange pencil show in front of the transaction and should now be able to delete the transaction.
    Once you've been able to successfully delete the transaction, go ahead and see if you are now able to delete the account as well.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• cspeoples
    Options
    Problem solved. Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.