Adding attachments while entering a bill reminder transaction (2 Merged Votes)

Brad W
Brad W Member ✭✭
Why are we not allowed to attach a file when entering a bill reminder transaction? I have to go to the transaction and enter in the bill reminders window and then go into that transaction register to add the attachment. Seems to me like unnecessary extra steps.
Tagged:
13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Brad W

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this option isn't currently offered. I have changed your post to an Idea thread to add the ability to attach a file when entering a bill reminder transaction. Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Would like to see the ability to add transaction attachments to any popup window in which you are entering a transaction. For example, in the Bills & Income screen if one selects enter expense transaction, after the expense transaction is entered, you must then navigate to the account register to add the desired attachment to the transaction.
    Makes more sense to do this all at the same time as the transaction is entered rather than a multi-step process.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• maxwelwp
    This would be huge advantage. I also posted same suggestion in May (not seeing yours in April)
    Register Attachments — Quicken

Maybe merge votes on these?

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    just received my property tax bill; not paying it until Nov 2022. would like to add it to my bill reminder now, but noted this function isn't available. would like to see this feature added in future releases...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou C said:
    just received my property tax bill; not paying it until Nov 2022. would like to add it to my bill reminder now, but noted this function isn't available.
    But then you'd have to delete the attachment from the reminder after you enter it into the register. So approximately the same amount of work.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• maxwelwp
    The idea is that have the ability to add the attachment as you enter the transaction and/or as the reminder is created. Not sure why it would have to be deleted from the reminder prior to entering the reminder transaction. Should just follow the entry.
    Seems entering a reminder transaction then following up to the account register to add the attachment is non-productive and involves multiple steps that could all be completed in a single step

Quicken user since 1993

• DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    I have been using Bill Manager for a year now, and in that period of time, I've found that an increasing number of billers are putting advanced security in place - the most popular is 2-factor authentication - every single time I try to connect, which means Quick Pay is not really an option for me, and this is only going to get worse.

Many of my billers were set up in Bill Manager. Now I am finding that Bill Manager will not work for some of them because of 2FA, etc. When I look in my Bill Manager screen, the number of billers with PDFs attached is getting smaller & smaller. Since I utilize paper-free billing with most of them, it would be nice to be able to download a PDF and attach it to the biller in Bill Manager.