Unmatch and Rematch a transaction

Options
rb-2
rb-2 Member ✭✭
I made a mistake matching a downloaded transaction to one in the register. I'd like to be able to unmatch the transaction, correct the mistake by adding another split and then re-matching.
Is there any way this is possible?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using automatic transaction entry mode (transactions go directly into the register) or are you accepting them through the Downloaded Transactions tab?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here are a four ways:
    1. If you haven't already accepted the transaction into the register, you may unmatch and manually match the transaction in the Downloaded Transactions tab
    2. You may restore a backup saved before you accepted the transaction into the register.
    3. You may edit the matched transaction to be the intended transaction and the intended transaction to be the matched transaction.
    4. You may recreate the register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If using automatic transaction entry mode, and you have yet to set the status to "Reviewed", you can select the status New Match and select to unmatch it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rb-2
    rb-2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.

I'm not using automatic transaction entry mode. I accept them individually through the downloaded transaction tab and realized I had made a mistake with one of them. The transaction has been matched and accepted into the register.

There are several splits (multiple categories to itemize) within this one transaction. If I were to add another split (Payee, Category, lets say $75) into this matched/accepted transaction, would this match to the initial registry entry of said Payee, Category, $75, since I don't get to choose which ones to match and accept? Will this affect the "Ending Balance"?

Or is the only way to restore from a backup?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rb-2 said:
    Thank you for your replies.

I'm not using automatic transaction entry mode. I accept them individually through the downloaded transaction tab and realized I had made a mistake with one of them. The transaction has been matched and accepted into the register.

There are several splits (multiple categories to itemize) within this one transaction. If I were to add another split (Payee, Category, lets say $75) into this matched/accepted transaction, would this match to the initial registry entry of said Payee, Category, $75, since I don't get to choose which ones to match and accept? Will this affect the "Ending Balance"?

Or is the only way to restore from a backup?
    I suggest you edit the matched split transaction such that the total is unchanged.  If you add an entry of $75, you may reduce the other entries in the split by $75.

Again, in addition to restoring a backup, you also have the option of recreating the register.

• rb-2
    rb-2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I added the missing split and adjusted the other splits so the bottom $ remained the same.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rb-2

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We are glad to hear that you were able to find an answer to your issue. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • ClaytonW
    ClaytonW Member
    Options

I have done this a few times myself, including just now, which is why I went searching for an easy way to deal with it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy way but there is a tedious way.

1. Log into the financial website and manually download the entries to a QFX file. I have used this on banks and credit cards, the option has always been there although sometimes you need to look around.
    2. Select the date range that includes the transaction(s) you want to re-match. You usually get more than you want, but that's OK.
    3. Once you have downloaded the QFX file go to Quicken's FILE menu, select IMPORT FILE, select WEB CONNECT (.QFX) FILE and select the new QFX file that you just downloaded.
    4. It will ask you select an account to use when matching the downloaded entries. The default option is to create a new account so make sure you selecting the proper option/account.
    5. The entries will be populated into the familiar DOWNLOADED TRANSACTIONS window.
    6. Re-match the entries you mis-matched and delete the entries that you don't want to re-match.
    7. Now you have to deal with the entry you matched by mistake. There are a few options but I usually just end up deleting it and create a new entry to take its place.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.