Budget Starter Version vs Deluxe Version?

What is the difference between Starter Version - Create a Budget and
Deluxe Version - Create a CUSTOMIZED budget?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    The Starter Edition only allows users to create a simple, monthly budget.  The Deluxe Edition (and higher) allows users to create customizable 12-month budgets.

If you're asking, I suggest you go with the Deluxe Edition.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    The Starter Edition only allows users to create a simple, monthly budget.  The Deluxe Edition (and higher) allows users to create customizable 12-month budgets.

If you're asking, I suggest you go with the Deluxe Edition.
  • thanks
  • 68caprice
    68caprice Member ✭✭
    Can you explain what you mean by customizable budgets in deluxe as opposed to budgets in starter please
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the Starter Edition is limited and doesn't have all the features or all the kinds of accounts as the higher versions.  Also if you don't renew, your data file goes into Read Only Mode and you can't use it, not even manually.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    68caprice said:
    Can you explain what you mean by customizable budgets in deluxe as opposed to budgets in starter please
    For Starter you only have the "Graph View" which looks like this:

You enter the budget number using the Edit on each category.  You have to be in the Monthly view to do that.  You have to move between months to enter other values or use the gear to select to fill in the rest of the months with the value for that category.

Besides the Graph View, Deluxe has the Annual view which is like this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.