Income Reminders Show As Zero (0)

Options
Noticed a weird behavior with Quicken for the last few months. Income reminders show as 0 in the summary of upcoming transactions, however when actually entered into register they are populated.

I see other members have reported the same and an upcoming update apparently fixes it. But the reason for my post is also to advise the same is happening with the Cdn version of Quicken. It appears to occur whenever there are split transactions (i.e. salary form used).

In the attached photo you will see a 0 amount on RBC pension but a populated amount with CPP Denise. The difference is that the first one has split transactions.

If Quicken support lurks here ... Please confirm an upcoming release with fix this oddity.

I am using Cdn Version R33.7 Build 27.1.33.7
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @WarningU2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WarningU2
    WarningU2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've validated this file numerous times without any change. I tried a super validate but your instructions are incorrect. File > hold ctrl + shift does not result in any prompt. Please advise
    It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for your response.

WarningU2 said:
    I tried a super validate but your instructions are incorrect. File > hold ctrl + shift does not result in any prompt. Please advise
    For Super Validate, you click File first, then hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard while also clicking Validate and Repair File. You will let go after the keyboard keys after the window opens showing the option for Super Validate.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

-Quicken Anja

• WarningU2
    WarningU2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you I completed the Super Validate successfully with no errors.  

Unfortunately paycheque deposits are still showing 0 amounts on the summary screen

• WarningU2
    WarningU2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Note:   If I edit the transaction simply hitting enter and saying Done ... the amount shows up as expected and is retained.  However if I exit and sync it 0's out the value.  If I exist and fail to sync ... the amounts are retained.   Its the sync that is blanking out paycheque deposits on the summary screen.  
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information.

Do you use either of the Mobile or Web companion apps? If not, have you tried turning off the Quicken Cloud Sync to see if this helps prevent this issue from occurring?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• WarningU2
    WarningU2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes I use Quicken mobile app on my android phone.   And yes I can confirm that as long as I don't sync with the cloud from Quicken on Windows 10, the split or paycheque deposit transactions in quicken bills and reminders stay populated on the summary screen.   I have repeated multiple times exiting with a sync selection and not syncing.   As long as I don't sync the program functions as expected.   
  • WarningU2
    WarningU2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have uninstalled quicken on my phone and disabled sync from windows 10 quicken.  Unfortunately this is not the first time that the mobile app and syncing has made windows 10 unstable.     I look forward to hearing sometime in the future when Quicken mobile is fixed and I'll reinstall.   In the meantime it is just not worth the hassle.     I consider this issue resolved by uninstalling.   
This discussion has been closed.