How do I delete all my entries so that I can start over?

I have unable to update my information in months and would like to know how to delete all the info that is in my account now so that I can just start over.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to start completely over, I suggest you create a new Quicken file: select File > New Quicken File....

If you want to delete an account register, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select Delete Account.

If you want to delete one or more transactions in non-investment accounts, select the transactions and press Ctrl + D.

If you want to delete one or more transactions in an investment register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, select Edit multiple transactions, select the transactions and Delete.

Before making any significant changes to a Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware that if you delete the transactions in an existing account and then try to re-download them into that same account, Quicken will not present them for acceptance since it remembers previously downloaded transactions and will reject them as duplicates.  Quicken's memory is at the account level, so starting a new account in Quicken to download into does not have this restriction.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• How can one start Reconcile over with new starting/Ending balances?