Unable to sign into Quicken Windows

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Invalid Quicken ID or password.

Comments

• Taikoowan
    Taikoowan Member
    I was using Quicken Rental Property version back in 2011, later I switched to Quicken Premier. Today I switched to Quicken Deluxe. After switching to Deluxe I am shut out of my account. I have used Quicken QCleanui.exe to remove all previous versions of Quicken, and reinstalled Quicken Deluxe fresh, but when I sign it does not accept my password. The password is correct and when I use this password on quicken website it is accepted.
  • Taikoowan
    Taikoowan Member
    I have wasted nearly 5 hours trying out various solutions on the Quicken community. I am big fan of Quicken and been using it from 2011, but right now I am very disappointed.
  • Taikoowan
    Taikoowan Member
    Intuit has probably purposely chosen to block users unless they upgrade to next level. How unfair?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for many years and Quicken doesn't block users to get them to upgrade. Are you using the current version of Quicken? If so, at the sign-in screen, is there a choice to sign in as a different user? If so, click it but sign-in with your same Quicken ID/password. Also, are you using a VPN?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taikoowan said:
    Intuit has probably purposely chosen to block users unless they upgrade to next level. How unfair?
    Which exact year, version and release of Quicken are you trying to install and use? The latest Quicken Subscription (2018 - 2021) or an older one?
    Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
    Can you show us an image snapshot of the password prompt? (Drag and drop the image file into the Leave a Comment box in this webpage)

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taikoowan said:
    I was using Quicken Rental Property version back in 2011, later I switched to Quicken Premier. Today I switched to Quicken Deluxe. After switching to Deluxe I am shut out of my account. I have used Quicken QCleanui.exe to remove all previous versions of Quicken, and reinstalled Quicken Deluxe fresh, but when I sign it does not accept my password. The password is correct and when I use this password on quicken website it is accepted.

Hi @Taikoowan ,

In 2011 version, you could have used a handle, instead of your Email Address for your Quicken User ID. Also the rules for creating a password; have changed.

After you used Qcleanui,exe, did you also delete the folders?

Redo, the installation following this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

After you restore your Quicken Data File, it is going to ask you to sign in. Don't enter the password. Instead, click to sign in as a different User. Use the same Quicken User ID and password combination, that you signed in to get the Quicken Installer.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that in 2011 Intuit owned Quicken so the folders to delete have Intuit in their paths.  With recent versions of Quicken they will have Quicken instead, but in general will be in the same locations.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using the subscription version and am current. Pop up screen rrequests User ID and password, but blank screen does not allow any entry
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt, 

Thank you for your response. To better assist you could you post a screenshot of the blank sign-in screen? Having a screenshot would allow taking a further look and better understanding of the issue at hand. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.