Sync Error

Hi, could you please help me with this error below? I'm a new Mac user setting up my account by migrating my quicken file from windows. The file was converted successfully but I'm getting the error below when the app is attempting to sync with Quicken servers.

"Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
Try again later. If error persists, contact Quicken Support."

General Error.

Because of this issue, I'm not able to sync my account to Mobile & Web. When I access my account via app.quicken, I can only see Investing accounts and Banking/Property&Debt accounts will be missing. Looks like the sync was incomplete due to the error.

When I turn OFF the Mobile & Web sync option, the error will persists.

Comments

• Neo
    Neo Member ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of the error. Looks like a common and generic error reading the other posts.
  • Neo
    Neo Member ✭✭
    Here's a snippet of the error log. Please let me know if more info is required.

errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    Quicken cloud services error. (client error)

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    accounts upload: requests (84) don't match responses (0)

response:
    {
    "errors" : [
    {
    "httpStatus" : 400,
    "code" : "QCS-0400-2",
    "title" : "Invalid request payload.",
    "detail" : "JSON parse error: Cannot deserialize value of type `java.util.Currency` from String \"BHT\": not a valid textual representation; nested exception is com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Cannot deserialize value of type `java.util.Currency` from String \"BHT\": not a valid textual representation\n at [Source: (PushbackInputStream); line: 1, column: 35034] (through reference chain: com.quicken.common.core.resources.ResourceList[\"resources\"]->java.util.ArrayList[58]->com.quicken.fmcore.dtos.CashAccountResource[\"currency\"])"
    }
    ]
    }
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Neo,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Neo
    Neo Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

The method you suggested did not work.

However, I managed to solve the problem on my own. Looking at the error log I appended in my earlier post, there is a problem with the currency string BHT where it is not a valid currency code.

I found that one of the account in Thai currency did not have a valid currency selected. Once I corrected the currency in the account settings, I am able to sync without errors.

This thread can be closed.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to find a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.