Download "Please Enter Your Passwords" for Chase

When I download I get a message "Please Enter Your Passwords". After I enter my passwords I repeatedly get the same message for my Chase account and as a result I am not able to download Chase activity. The financial activity from my other financial institutions download properly.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Check the security messages on the Chase site.  When you first connect to Chase you have to verify your that the connection is from you.  Typical flow is try once, it fails, and Chase sends the security message that you need to step through and verify, and then after that is done you can retry the connection in Quicken and it will go through.

EDIT I meant to say "secure messages" not "security messages", which are in the "Secure message center".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • amc697
    amc697 Member
    There are no relevant secure messages when I log-in to Chase. Chase connects to my device without any verification. I still have the problem. See my attached screenshot. It pops-up repeatedly and ignores my input of the password.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been able to download from Chase before?
    If not, and if you have not already done so, you will first need to activate Quicken on your online Chase.com account.
    Once you have activated Quicken, you should be able to download from Quicken.
    If you have been able to download previously and this issue just started now, are you getting an error message and/or code?  If so, what are they?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• amc697
    amc697 Member
    I have been downloading from Quicken in the past however last week when I tried downloading I got a message to input the Chase password. I repeatedly input the password and keep on getting the same message and am not able to download.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Have you tried to do any troubleshooting (other than simply reentering your PW)?  If so, what have you tried doing that did not work?
    Your response to this could help me to eliminate those things that you have tried and we can then focus on other things.

• amc697
    amc697 Member
    I still have the problem. I disabled the download from Bank and then enabled it again. It downloaded a lot of information for a second time which needs to be deleted one transaction at a time and when I downloaded again the original problem came back. It asked that I enter a password for Chase however it keeps on ignoring the password. I spoke to Quicken support, I'm not sure they understood the problem. They suggested disabling and reenabling, which ultimately did not help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is really strange.  By any chance are you using a VPN?  If so try turning it off.
    Signature:
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is your Quicken version (Help > About)?
    Did you setup your Chase accounts (ALL) as Direct Connect or Express Web Connect? (Chase offers DC)
    How many Chase accounts?  (I counted at least 5 from the image)
    And this issue applies to all or some?
    Did you recently rename your Quicken data file?
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• amc697
    amc697 Member
    Version 35.31, Chase accounts are direct connect. 5 Chase accounts. The issue applies to all Chase accounts. As a possible solution I tried renaming the file, it did not help. I have been downloading from Chase for years and the problem started last week without me making any changes (that I am aware of) in Quicken.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.  Finally, when you said you disabled the download from the bank, you mean you deactivated ALL accounts first before reactivating which is the key.
    I gather that you renamed your file AFTER you encountered the issue.  That throws out my suspicion unfortunately.
    FYI, two week ago I renamed my file from ABCD-2021.QDF to just ABCD.QDF.  I made sure that the dataset names & IDs were changed accordingly.  Two days later I started getting the exact same error as in your screenshot.  Took me two weeks to realize the file name [similarity] caused a conflict with my Quicken ID.  Once I renamed it to something completely different (MyNewtFile.QDF) it got resolved.  Sorry that I was not able to help.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• amc697
    amc697 Member
    I restored a backup file from about 10 days before I began having the problem, changed the file name to a totally dissimilar name, saved the file in a different folder and the downloads seem to be working without a problem. I did need to spend quite a bit of time redoing entries and reconciliations. What is frustrating is that what I did is a work around, the real problem was not identified and I am concerned that it may happen again. Thank you all for your suggestions!
  • Scotmac57
    Scotmac57 Member ✭✭
    For the past 5 days, I have verify the chase accounts via text sent number. Every day. It will download after I do this.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scotmac57 said:
    For the past 5 days, I have verify the chase accounts via text sent number. Every day. It will download after I do this.
    Sounds like your accounts are setup for Express Web Connect, not Direct Connect.
    Signature:
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    My Chase account uses Quicken Connect. It has been asking for a 2FA code every day. The download then works, but sometimes it asks a second time for a 2FA code, and it never remembers my device from one day to the next
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    K. said:
    My Chase account uses Quicken Connect. It has been asking for a 2FA code every day. The download then works, but sometimes it asks a second time for a 2FA code, and it never remembers my device from one day to the next
    All my Chase accounts use Direct Connect which has its own security model, so 2FA isn't required.
    Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    @K. - My Chase accounts are set up with DC, as well, and there is no 2FA needed.  You might want to check Account List or the Online Services tab of Account Details to see if there is a message saying an improved connection method is available.  If so, click on that link and follow the prompts to set up DC.