Why can I not access my 401k investment transactions?

Options
Jarrett
Jarrett Member
My 401k is through John Hancock (cannot support online downloads) and I have to upload the transactions manually via a quicken transactions file. I get these files once a quarter. Q1 and Q2 I had no problems. Q3, my transactions button has now grayed out, and I cannot access transactions. The import file shows an incorrect balance, so I would like to edit the transactions that were imported, but I can't access them. Please help. I do not want to close the account and create a new one in quicken since I have a lot of transfers setup via payroll and deductions, etc...

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the screenshot. I think the problem is that somehow the investment tracking for this account has been switched to simple tracking, which doesn't capture or display transactions, just balances and holdings. Go to Account > Settings and look at this part of the Settings screen:

I suspect yours is set to Simple, and needs to be changed back to Detailed. Then you will be able to access the Transactions tab at the top of the account screen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What do you have selected in the sidebar? Which Transactions button is grayed out? Please post a screenshot of the page with the grayed out button.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jarrett
    Jarrett Member
    Options
    Here is the screenshot
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the screenshot. I think the problem is that somehow the investment tracking for this account has been switched to simple tracking, which doesn't capture or display transactions, just balances and holdings. Go to Account > Settings and look at this part of the Settings screen:

I suspect yours is set to Simple, and needs to be changed back to Detailed. Then you will be able to access the Transactions tab at the top of the account screen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jarrett
    Jarrett Member
    Options
    that did the trick, thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.