Windows Quicken version on Laptop is older than on desktop, yet says "most up to date"

quickreply1009
quickreply1009 Member ✭✭
Normally I'm on Windows 10 at home on a desktop using Quicken v.27.1.36.17
When I travel, I use a laptop. Quicken states to use the same version on your data.
But on my Windows 10 laptop, Quicken says v.27.1.35.37 is the most up to date version. Please explain.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    [removed - post has been moved to appropriate category]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken releases updates in stage releases.  When first released, only a specific number of users get the update and then it's pulled to make sure it's bug free.  Think of it as "advanced beta" testing.  

One of your computers must have gotten the staged release and the other must not have made the cut.  
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can Download/Save/Execute R36.17 from this url: latest patch

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Do you really need to download the mondo update to force match the two computers or will versions only a month apart still work okay to exchange the data file when traveling? I would rather wait and let computer update on it's own but needed to know if that will be a problem when I travel.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In general most of the time there won't be any problem with running two different versions of Quicken.  There have been rare cases where this isn't true, but I don't think there have been any cases recently.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/