Change Credit Card Number [Edited]

JoKin
JoKin Member ✭✭
How do I change the number on an existing credit card to preserve history

Comments

• JoKin
    JoKin Member ✭✭
    New credit card (number) to replace existing credit number on existing account
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2021
    Hello @JoKin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change the credit card number of the account, please deactivate the account in question and then reactivate it through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

If needed, please follow the instructions found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once the account has been found, be sure to link it to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff Problems
    Jeff Problems Member ✭✭
    After deact and adding, the "link to existing" window does not show deactivated card for me to link to
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeff Problems,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble.

To clarify; Were you attempting to reactivate via Add Account or via Set Up Now?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.