BBT Truist Credit card online balance shows positive balance

mmn558
mmn558 Member
BBT Visa card showed as a negative balance on their website and Quicken transactions also show as negative so reconciling was perfect. Now, Truist took over BBT and changed the website and now shows the credit card balance as a positive number. Quicken thinks I am out of balance by double the true outstanding balance (from +500 on website to -500 on Quicken) and wants me to enter an adjustment. Any thoughts to get around this?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2021
    Hello @mmn558,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the overall balance being inaccurate, did you notice whether or not there are any discrepancies or oddities within the account's transactions themselves? 

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mmn558
    mmn558 Member
    Hi, The transactions are all perfect. I just can't reconcile the account because of the positive and negative balance issue. It wants to enter an adjustment to correct the problem. Thank you for any thoughts.
  • mmn558
    mmn558 Member
    Hello Anja,
    Do you have any thoughts about the balance issue and a way to reconcile without making an adjustment that isn't necessary? Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information and I apologize for the delay in my response.

Next, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.