Unable to Reconcile After Installing Update [Edited]

ellyenne
ellyenne Member ✭✭
Got the new version, and it had no record of my prior reconciliations. So, did the first month (August) and everything was perfect. Did next month (September) and again, everything was fine. Then I got another update.

Then started to do this month's - and some of the accounts show that the prior reconciliations are off! It wants to add an adjustment. No! I have to report this stuff for Taxes - random adjustments get you audited by the IRS.

So, I compared my statements with my bank account. Had to go back a year to 7/2020 and found that it had deleted a deposit! And, that's with an account with 10 transactions a month.

My Credit card: it deleted a payment made in January this year! Again, that matters for this year's taxes! This account has 50 transactions a month.

In each case, I had to add it back, and then had to try to get it to reconcile stuff from past statements. Unlike Q2007 that lets you start over, this adds another reconciliation to the History. It's a mess.

I'm not looking forward to the investments - they have 100's of transactions a month, and I already had to "fix" several transactions where Quicken just invented share prices out of thin air, or failed to move stock splits to the update! Suddenly I'm missing 100 shares of something, and it's adding them back using "add shares" at the wrong cost basis!

This shouldn't be happening. This is accounting software - it needs to be trustworthy. I want a refund - I paid $52 for this, and it randomly does not work. 

[Edited for Readability]
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ellyenne,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this and for any frustration this has caused you.

To start with; do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? Given the extent of the issues you described, I suggest restoring a backup file first to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Mac and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

In regard to the refund you requested; you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for refund assistance as our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to fulfill that request, which this channel, unfortunately, does not.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gregg
    Gregg Member ✭✭
    Experiencing the same issue. Issue carried over to a restored backup file as well.
This discussion has been closed.