Investing > Portfolio doesn't sort as it should (stopped within the last week, approx)

Using Quicken for Windows 10, Home, Premier.
Under Investing > Portfolio, it no longer sorts by any of the headers. If I click on Market Value, the small triangle moves there, but nothing changes (i.e. no sort). Clicking on any other header, same result -- nothing sorts.
I prefer to sort my Portfolio by Market Value... highest to smallest, but this hasn't worked in a week.
Quicken Premier, Windows 10 Home
Version R36.23
Build 27.1.36.23

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you using the Value view?  If so, I suggest you check to make sure the view is grouped by Security instead of by Accounts.  Then you should be able to sort your securities by market value.
    Accounts cannot be sorted by market value in the Value view.  If you want the view to be grouped by Accounts, then you need to expand the accounts to see the securities and then the securities can be sorted by market value by clicking on the column header.
    Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Are you using the Value view?  If so, I suggest you check to make sure the view is grouped by Security instead of by Accounts.  Then you should be able to sort your securities by market value.
    Accounts cannot be sorted by market value in the Value view.  If you want the view to be grouped by Accounts, then you need to expand the accounts to see the securities and then the securities can be sorted by market value by clicking on the column header.
    Did this answer your question?

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Hey Boatnmaniac (sail or power?)

Yes, I am using Value and Group by Account. I know this used to work, as it allowed me to sort my Taxable, non-IRA at the top (larger $); my IRA (less $) below it, etc... Sort by Account Value used to work... as I have 6-8 accounts and preferred them sorted by Value.

Your idea works fine, by Security... then all the headers sort as they should.

I figured a work-around (maybe I had previously done this?)
    Custom1 > Customize > Account.... then I manually moved each account in Value Order. Done!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, when grouped by Account it has always been that the order is what was set in the Customize dialog. Clicking of the columns to sort is for the individual data, not the account lines.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Hey Boatnmaniac (sail or power?)

Yes, I am using Value and Group by Account. I know this used to work, as it allowed me to sort my Taxable, non-IRA at the top (larger $); my IRA (less $) below it, etc... Sort by Account Value used to work... as I have 6-8 accounts and preferred them sorted by Value.

Your idea works fine, by Security... then all the headers sort as they should.

I figured a work-around (maybe I had previously done this?)
    Custom1 > Customize > Account.... then I manually moved each account in Value Order. Done!
    Power.  I live in central TX and it just gets way to hot to be meandering slowly by sail.  Fast produces a lot of wind and helps prevent heat exhaustion!  :D
    One of the nice things that I like about Quicken is that there often several ways to skin a cat.  I'm glad you found a way to do that with a Custom approach.