Account names "N/A" after R36.23 upgrade

BrianA
BrianA Member ✭✭
Quicken auto-updated today, did a quick "file conversion", then took me into quicken where I found all my account names listed as "N/A". I closed quicken and re-opened, which cleared up the account name for all but one account. When I try changing the account name back from N/A it says "name already in use", which implies the upgrade broke how account names are displayed.

What now? Do I wait for a new release to fix this bug? Do I try to use a different account name or will that screw the data up?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @BrianA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BrianA
    BrianA Member ✭✭
    neither of these validations fixed the problem
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update, though I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? Next, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• BrianA
    BrianA Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    No - I didn't have a recent backup taken. With regular patches coming from Quicken I don't expect basic regressions to be honest. Are there alternate ways for me to fix the account name? Can I simply change it to a different name or will that make things worse?

BTW, I submitted a problem report from within Quicken but haven't heard back.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your response.

If you are willing to do so, you can try changing it to a different name and see if it will take it. However, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (if you haven't already done so) just in case you need to revert back afterward.

If you decide to do so, please post back and let us know the outcome! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• BrianA
    BrianA Member ✭✭
    Renaming the account, then renaming it back to it's original name seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.